Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Inline Fuel Pumps for high hp applications

3K views 32 replies 5 participants last post by  NoahFex 
#1 ·
On my turbocharged ford probe, I have a 80gph inline fuel pump.

See here:
http://www.squirrelsw.com/probe/nitrous2.jpg

This setup works great on a probe even with a stock fuel pump in the tank. I was wondering if there are any block safety valves on our stock fuel pumps that won't allow this much fuel to be sucked through.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
williamb82 said:
best to just swap it out. its old and prolly wont last that long under those conditions anyway.
william
Dude, it doesn't matter. That wasn't the question I asked. Don't clutter the thread with useless nonsense, I asked a question about restrictions of the stock fuel pump, you gave me a speech on replacing it. I don't care to hear it. I have my reasons behind me using an external pump.

So the question is still out in the open, can anybody out there submit some useful information? Thanks.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
williamb82 said:
ok, you want to know restrictions, lets see, first i said the j tube, and the stock pump. both will be restrictions if you need a high supply of fuel. i answered your question so how is the information useless?
Might as well just say "Fuel rail" or "stock fuel lines". That doesn't help me at all by just saying the j tube is a restriction. That says nothing to me. Is it a restriction for 100gph or for 20gph?

williamb82 said:
i have done more to supras in 4 years then you prolly will in your entire life.
william
Damn, yer' cool...if being self centered is cool. If you want to have a pissing contest, then click the links in my signature and prepare to get wet.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
williamb82 said:
ok, i explained exactly what the tube does and where it is. but youd rather find out the hard way. have fun. i tried to help, but you dont seem to care. oh, and im not impressed with any of the cars you have. just because i dont post links to the 3 supras i own, or the other 6 ive owned, or all the mods ive done to them, or all the impossible to find parts i have doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about.
william
I don't post pics to my old cars either: supercharged Sierra GMC Z71, my turbocharged 2002 corvette Z06. Doesn't mean I didn't built them both by hand. Once again, if you want a pissing contest, be prepared to get pissed on.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
williamb82 said:
oh, and i seriously doubt you had an 02 corvete that was turbo charged, espeacially sportin 2 pos probes.
william
You can doubt in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first. I have nothing to prove, I am done with you.

Go contact ATP Turbo and ask Rick about the manifolds he designed for my vette. That is the shop in Fremont that I worked with when I lived in San Jose, California.

Oh, and here's a dyno for you.
http://www.squirrelsw.com/supra/random/02-TT-Vette.jpg

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Oh, POS probes?

New 2.0L Motor that will dominate every V6 Powered Probe known to man:

http://www.squirrelsw.com/supra/random/motor2.jpg

2.0L DOHC FS Motor stuffed with OE Length Crower forged steel rods, JE forged aluminum pistons with oversized wrist pins, balanced rotating assembly, ported and polished head with Ferrera competition valves, dual springs, and titanium retainers, RC 720cc low impedance injectors, T3/T04E 46trim ball-bearing turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Haltech E6K stand alone engine management system, and AEM wide-band O2 sensor for accurate tuning, Autometer boost gauge, electronic fuel pressure, EGT, oil pressure, and coolant temperature sensors.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
williamb82 said:
thats a turbocharged ls6? kinda low isnt it? i know a guy with a camarro ss that dynos more hp then that all motor. again, still not impressed. dyno sheets can be found all over the web.
william
That is at 22psi. Built motor before boost was 340hp to the wheels. After turbo was 873hp. That equates to 24hp/psi which are phenominal HP gains.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
williamb82 said:
all that for what, 350-400whp? a waste. anyway, this is getting boring, i tried to help you out by saving you time and future problems, and all you do is try to be a smartass. i will not answer any of your questions ever again as first its pointless cause you dont seem to think logically, and second cause i have no intrest in helping you with anything now. have fun on your endevors.
william
After the lifters, cams and 80mm turbo, closer to 550-650hp.

So stop speaking out of your ass.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Discussion starter · #24 ·
williamb82 said:
williamb82 said:
thats a turbocharged ls6? kinda low isnt it? i know a guy with a camarro ss that dynos more hp then that all motor. again, still not impressed. dyno sheets can be found all over the web.
william

ok, sorry, thought the 8 was a 6. the all motor ls6 was a lil ovre 700rwhp.still dont see why anyone that had a car like that would even settle for such a pos as a probe. so ill have to raise the :bs: on your claim. but again, it doesnt really matter.
william

p.s. i been wondering, why dont you have a dyno sheet for the probe? you said it has a haltek e6k, so it would need dyno tuned.
This is just cluttering the thread. Please PM me for further questions on the car. The motor isn't dropped in yet, just got the head back from the machine shop and am putting the rest of the pieces together and prepping the engine bay to drop it in. The old motor was on stock engine management at 9psi pushing 233ft/lbs out of a 100ft/lb motor. 133% increase in power at 9psi. Wait until 25psi :)

And again, it doesn't bother me that you call a BS flag on me. I sold my vette to purchase cars for research projects. I first purchased assorted hondas and began ECU development for them. I sold those and bought 2 Probes, one 1997 2.0L, one 1993 2.5L and began ECU development on those as well as researching SC kit development for them. I now own a Supra and am working on ECU development for this vehicle. What's next? Probably a WRX as it is my dream car. This is what I do for a living, my company buys cars for research and development of performance products, picks the favorite and uses it for a sponsored ride to represent the company.

This thread has steered far clear of anything of relevance to the original topic. Someone please close it. Thanks

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Supra Bob said:
OK kids... fight nice, or I'll send ya both to your rooms. :wink:

Seriously tho... Noah... William really knows his shit, and if he suggests something, its from experience and he's saying it for a reason. And if ya look.. he did answer your question and man, and made a suggestion.

And William... Stop antagonizing the Newbs... even if they are Ford Fans ;)
I believe William knows his shit, but he doens't have to be a prick about it.

The Ford Probe utilizes a Mazda motor. The 2.0L has FS motor found in the Mazda MX6, 626 and Protege (the new Protege's have the same motor). The 2.5L has a motor found in the Mazda MX6, 626, and Millenia. Suspension and body styling was also adopted from Mazda.

Honestly, I dispise Ford. The reason I bought a Probe instead of the almost identicle MX6 is that people hate ford, and the bluebook is less. So I got a deal and I only need the car for the motor and ECU.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
williamb82 said:
i wasnt being a prick about it till you made a smartass remark. bobs right though, no point in bickering. if you notice ive answered lots of your questions thus far from several different sections. i honestly was trying to help, and to let you know something, i am a smartass (you prolly already figured it out) and i do tech support so i get agervated quite easily, and i dont back down. so after you made that remark, i went off cause i did answer the questions and i was thorough about where the j tube was and what its purpose was and how to bypass it etc.. btw, im usually at work when i post so never really in a good mood.
william
Same here. I am a smartass, which is why this thread went downhill so fast. Two asses + one thread + arguing about cars = hell. And I am usually at work dealing with web design clients and it gets me agrivated too.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
williamb82 said:
this is true, but i still think probes are pos's, and their mazda counterparts. everyone knows that mazda makes the majority of fords motors. just like isuzu makes alot of gm stuff, and geo's which is now gm is made by suzuki and toyota. mitsubishi makes alot of chrysler and eagle crap as well. i can understand the hondas for development, but cavaliers are more popular then probes, and the new big ricer thing is the sunfire, dont know why but it is.anyway, good luck on the ecu development for the 5mge, but lots of companies have tried with no success.
william
Simpleminded fool. I am sure you get mad when big bad V8 owners try to bash supras too. Understand where I am coming from. The Probe has a huge potential that has until very recently, been untapped.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
williamb82 said:
im not simple minded, just seen too many of them blown up. there are so many probes in the junk yards around here it isnt funny, and ive seen them blow up in person. to me they are almost as bad as starions/conquests. and most of my friends drive big bad v8's so im not sure where your going with that. i know v8's make power if built right, no denying it, but i dont preffere them. lots of v8 guys bash my supra, but not anyone that has ever seen it run. ive had single converted mkiv's deny me races, and ive embarassed plenty of vettes/camaros/firebirds including ls6 powered vehicles.
william
Not trying to spark another argument, just trying to point out what I have learned over the years with the Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6.
I rarely see probes at junkyards, except 1st gens. Like any car, if you don't take care of it, you'll blow it up. Them blowing up has nothing to do with Mazda or Ford, it's poor owner maintainance. I know for a fact it isn't because of Mazda Or Ford since there are about 10 people on Probetalk.com pushing 330, 350, 370, 400hp and ft/lbs out of stock motors with the only mods being a turbo. One guy pushing 500hp on stock rods and trapping at 134mph and one company sells rebuilt Probe motors pushing 800hp. :shrug: The only thing I really dislike is the tranny. MTX is rated at 450ft/lbs but when driven hard can fail on a stock probe. ATX is even worse. Mainly the spider gears that end up stripping and causing the rest of the tranny to blow. Cryotreating usually does the trick.

My favorite thing about the probe is it's handling. Mazda handling like no-other Highest skidpad rating in its class. Outhandles type-r's, supras and other worthy competitors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.