Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone on the west coast or at least east of the Mississippi doing the conversions? I have a 1985 Mark II that I would like to upgrade to turbo but I do not have the time to do the conversion myself.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
My geography isn't great, but aren't the "west coast" and "east of the Mississippi" sort of opposite sides of the country?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was trying to be a little tongue and cheek on how far I would be willing to travel for the conversion. I am very interested in the conversion, and would like to know if there is a shop doing the conversion or a private individual that had some experience.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
well, gee, just drop by the meet at Damon's in November and you'll see group of people that have 7MGTE and probably 1JZ swaps done. And you can talk with Damon about whether he has the time to do a 7M or 1J swap for you during the cold winter weather that PA experiences. He may just want to fly down to Vegas (at your expense) and spend a few weeks doing it there LOL assuming you have all the parts etc.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Oops! Sorry Dave, I didn't know you were in the swap business! I wasn't trying to steal your customers for the east coast guys! LOL

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
you have a shop right there in vegas that does it. I dont remember what its called but if you see some cars with a sticker in the window that looks like a superman symbol...thats the shop...i know its vague but its there...ive seen there work, not the greatest but they can do it for $1600 or so. there is a kid on here named emmanual something..search him out, he's had it done, thats the car 85 they swapped the 7mgte in and the receipt ive seen.

they did the wiring correct and had it running good but the engine and wiring in the engine bay looked like shit, but you can fix that easily...HTH..GL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts