Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a short shifter yesterday and what a difference it's makes. The throw is much shorter and seams much sportier. Anyone esle got one of these. There is one picture in the new photo's section.
:rockon: :boobs: :jerkit: :fist:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I like it. Looks really nice. Are these the ones that someone put up about a couple of weeks ago? Which knob is that? Does it get hot?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure how long he has been selling them. I brought it a couple of months ago and began to wonder if I would ever see it. I mailed him and said I would report him for fraud if he did not pull his finger out, and it arrived about a week later. I can't remember the name of the gear knob I will have look tomorrow. It does not get hot, in fact it gets very cold in the winter and takes a while to warm up.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Looks good Ken,
Cant wait till my JKV2 shows. The difference will be EXTREME (I'm running a slushbox now )
Hey, whats that electronic gizmo under your stereo ??
DJ

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
supramad77 said:
It 's an MP3 CDR player. The face has adjustable angles so that you can see it better. When you turn it of it close's up to mask what it is. :D
So if that is an MP3/CDR player...then what is that above it?

If you have a CD player above it....how are you operating both at the same time? Must be Y adapter city behind there...and you never turn the both on simultaneously, perhaps?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Aux inputs on the CD Deck?

I know my Sony has them, I can plug my discman into it

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The top one is a tape deck and operates the six stack CD player in the boot. The bottom one is a MP3 CDR player and won't power the CD player as it is to modern to work it. I have got to get a special wiring loom made up before I fry both the amps. I don't turn them on at the same time or they wont work.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
I was just admiring your ride in the pix. I like the white wing and door posts. I've owned seven white mk2's and they all look like panda bears because of the black/white contrast. It's refreshing to see all white - looks sharp. What is on the front fenders? Some kind of badges? I see that you don't have a front license plate - the authorities allow you to stencile/paint on your numbers to the front bumper? That would be nice as the mk2 just doesn't look good with a front plate no matter what size or location. Are your tail lights stock?
I'll bet your machine is as rare as hens teeth over there.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You said It I haven't seen another mk2 for about two years now. It sure is a head turner wherever I go. I guess know one knows what it is anymore.
It is at the body shop at the moment getting the Erebinu rear apron molded on, and the black door strips will be white as well. The badges are TRD emblems I got them of ebay from a guy in the States. The rear lights are tinted with black spray paint made for the job. It is ilegal but I have not had any problems so far. The front number plate is there but it is motorbike size letters that are stuck on and is also ilegal over here but again I have not had a problem yet. You are meant to have a reflective background behind the letters. I will be posting some new pictures next week when I get it it back.
Hope this helps.
:drinking: :fist: :rockon: :deal: :jerkit:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Ah...I kinda figured the arrangement was something like that. Cool though, you have the best of both worlds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts