Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a quote from state farm insurance for my 84 p-type and they said it's gonna be 347.87 bucks a month. thats with life insurance and mutiple car's on policy on my mom's. was wondering what you guys and gals are paying a month. thats for a 16 year old driver also. if you know of another company that's cheaper or anything let me know thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I use to pay $130 a month for my blackpra alone, But since I got the White Supra up and running I put it in and now I pay $104 a month for both cars :p Its funny how I add a car and the payment goes down :? ohh well its good for me :p

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
267 canadian a month, but i have a horrible record (ticket, accident, claim) and im 23, which means im in the second highest risk bracket.

·
Registered
516 Posts
:doh: outch thats lots. I was paying $115/month but I parked it for now!
too expensive.

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Hang in there guys and gals. It typically drops slightly at 21 and then drops significantly at 25.

Phil D.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
pdupler said:
Hang in there guys and gals. It typically drops slightly at 21 and then drops significantly at 25.

Phil D.
This man speaks the truth, thats why mine dropped even when I added one more car woo hoo :p

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
Guys and Gals, State Farm yearly rates $1Mil Liability $255, Full coveage on 95 Chevy C2500 $648, '00 Sienna XLE $800 and '86 Sup $580
of course for a married 40+ old male

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Welp, you just explained why you have high rates.....

Region that normally has high insurance rates, the fact that you are 16 yrs old, and add in the word "Supra" = high insurance rates. In this case, it does not matter that you have a 19 year old car..... Well, maybe it would make a difference if you were driving a 19 yr old Yugo.

I'm currently paying about ~$100 a month for both the Redpra & the Silver Slug. The rest of my monthly insurance bill is for apartment rental insurance. This is w/ Farmers Insurance. I'm not due for another discount, until I turn 45.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with state farm that insurance rate i've given above is for liabilty only is that really really high or is their another insurance policy you can get that is alot cheaper???

Dan

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
It does not matter where you go, your under 21 and will be driving a supra. All they are gonna see is $$$ when you walk into their door. You might be able to find a company that will charge you a slight less but dont expect much, good luck finding one.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just got off the phone with state farm and for defensive driving course and also good student they said about 280 a month and without that stuff it'd be 340 something. and the corolla with the defensive driving course the saftey features on it and also good student about 235 a month. so i think i may still have to go with the corolla and get another supra very shortly after i get my liscense. they said after 3 years of having them for insurance my rate's will drop.

Dan

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
As we all know insurance companies are legalised criminals. I told my insurance company that.

After 9/11 my rates went up, but I live in Canada and I haven't been to NYC in a few years. For years we pay and they make huge profits. Then when they have a loss they expect us to pay out more to make up for it.

If everyone and I mean everyone, cancelled thier insurance what could the government do? The insurance companies would be in chaos.

If stuff like this happened in a European country, I mean the way these insurance companies do business, everyone in that country would go on strike and shut down the country. It happened in France last time I was in Europe and had to skip going there.

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
Dont forget most ins companies have a good student discount as well for maintaining a B avg. It never hurts to ask ie goverment employee discount, military discount, etc

·
Registered
279 Posts
i pay $230 per month for liability only, because i am 17. i have no tickets, infractions, or anything on my record. it's just the age bracket i'm in, we're statistically the 'worst' drivers. supposedly the Alberta government is looking into legislation to get this changed, but if all goes through, the changes won't come into effect until a year from now.

on a somewhat related note; for my first car, a rusted out '86 Buick Century 4-door, liability was $250 per month. i had to spend $1000 to get that hand-me-down roadworthy, and a connecting rod started to knock after 3 weeks of driving; now it just sits in my driveway, waiting to be towed away.

-Evan

·
Registered
999 Posts
20, no accidents or tickets, ~=200$ cdn a month (BC).
I may add that this is TWICE as much as my last car, but that was a grandpa-mobile '85 Aries.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
$540US every 6 months for both Supras and a Ford Exploder 4x4. ($300K/100K liability, full comp. and collision with $500 deductible; I also carry a big umbrella policy for liability (cars and home) which costs me another $200/year; I get a bit of a break because of the multiple cars and the fact that I have my homeowners' insurance with them also).

If you're in California, Mercury is one of the best (though they're **all** a bunch of thieves who own the state legislature). I don't know whether they write auto insurance in other states, or in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
8,390 Posts
Insurance sucks :x I think I pay about $500 a year now for the MkII. I've got 2000 mi per year restriction, it has to be garaged, valued at $500 blah blah blah. Basically I'm paying $500 for a card in the glovebox. My insurance goes up every year. I though it was going to go down when I hit 25, no go it went up. I have no tickets, accidents, claims, & perfect credit. I can't change from Mercury since they're still lower than most everybody else. I get a kick out of Progressive and Geico et al that advertise to be cheap. I think Progressive is even more expensive than AAA or State Farm. I'm pretty sure they want like $3000 a year more than who I have for a 3rd of the coverage. If you think car insurance sucks try home insurance (especially in CA). I just bought my 1st home and I had a hard time even getting insurance. After calling just about everybody in the yellow pages I finally found a broker that could get insurance through some wierdo company.

:snipersm: insurance companies

1 - 20 of 34 Posts