Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I've got the RC intake pipe and TB I was wondering what can be done to the intake plenum. I was thining of using my new dremel tool to port/polish it but remember hearing that it need to stay somewhat rough to help the air/fule mixture atomize. Any help or suggestion?

What is a good way of cleaning it up? Bead/sand blast? Coatings?

Thanks
will

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Portmatch the intake by using your new gaskets as a reference and removing all the excess material to the edge of the gasket on all of the places where there is a gasket on the intake.

I used wrinkle paint on my intake and polished the raised area and I get alot of comments on it and I like how it looks. I was going to polish the whole thing but I wimped out after I realized how much work it was going to take to get it done. I still have a spare so maybe one day when I have a garage I will attempt it.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm currently trying to polish my cam tower covers (PITA!) to a mirror shine. So this project is a little ways off. I was wondering about some kind of heat rejecting coating ... ceramic maybe?

will

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
is this really a good idea, bumping the power higher up the rpm band??

i find our cars pretty lacking in the low end... i mean, i can take on most cars in third gear, but i get absolutely destroyed coming off the line, even when i get a good launch...

maybe its just me, but id really like to find a way to get some more low end power from the mkII.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.