Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions regarding 83 supra celica
1) Are there any cars with a right side side mirror that's interchangeable with my supra (manual or electric, dont care).
2) Will the lift-up exterior door handle work for my supra that came with side pull handles?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not sure about the mirrors but I believe you can use the lift up handles if you also swap out the rods inside the door.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The only cars that have an interchangeable mirror would be 82 - 85 Celica's. I think changing to the later door handles requires at least some changes to the door itself. But unless someone else chimes in that knows for sure, you'll have to do a forum search yourself to be sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
careful with the mirrors. the 84 has a 2 wire clip - the 85 a 3 wire even though otherwise they're identical

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
The linkage and latch assembly is different as well. You will need to swap all of it if you want to go from early handles to late handles. The door sheet metal is the same.

There are no other cars with mirrors that fit our cars. Though there are other mirror styles that came on our cars in other markets that do fit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts