Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not entirely my cup of tea style wise, but I know some people dig this. Click the cc button to get english subtitles. I have to say that blue is gorgoues on the Mk2

·
Founding Member
6,764 Posts
Maybe the translation wasn't quite accurate but did he do all that with his student loan money? Sadly he didn't explain the "why" of having an impractically lowered car on stretched tires. I still don't get it.

I do like the color tho. I have a thing for blue. I've had a couple of Supras in blue, a Mustang, a Mercury Capri and my current Corvette is LeMans Blue. When I bought my Jaguar I tried to find one in Indigo but this one in Caviar was the first one to show up meeting all my other criteria. If anyone knows of a Conquest for sale in Fiji Blue, I think that's one of my favorites of all time as factory blue cars go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Greg may wish to correct me but this is how I understand the story:
Alkku first saw a white MK11 when walking to school as a kid and it stuck in his head that someday he would acquire one. Then in 2017 there was one for sale and he went to see it, told the seller that he would think on it. The next day he phoned the seller back but the seller didn't answer the call. A year passed by and his friend Junnu messaged him that the car was once again listed. He told his friend that he can no longer buy the car as he had no money. A half hour later the ad was no longer listed and so he phoned Junnu the sad details. Junnu had good news that he had bought the car and in this way it would be possible for Alkku to buy it from him which he did with the student loan money. The loan money was only for the original car which he describes as being in very poor condition. All the mods would have been done with other funds.

He seems to have a fascination with lowered cars as does his friend with the lowered Impala. Something that low would be destroyed very quickly on the roads here in Canada but I guess the Finnish roads are in much better shape.

·
aka Mr Whisker
4,055 Posts
Greg may wish to correct me but this is how I understand the story:
Alkku first saw a white MK11 when walking to school as a kid and it stuck in his head that someday he would acquire one ... The loan money was only for the original car which he describes as being in very poor condition. All the mods would have been done with other funds.

He seems to have a fascination with lowered cars as does his friend with the lowered Impala. Something that low would be destroyed very quickly on the roads here in Canada but I guess the Finnish roads are in much better shape.
My Finn is real rusty, lol. I used to live in Turku, a large classic/custom car scene there. Many of these older cars were imported because of lower import duties, especially when compared to the cost of new cars in Finland. Road taxes are generally cheaper too. I didn't get the whole story straight, but it's nice to see these young fellas having fun in a MkII.

@Juka, you'd know how to properly pronounce "IMPala" ;)

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
540 Posts
Beautiful Car love the mods not to sure about the lowering but its his thing, and he can do what he likes ,
love the blue:love:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.