Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Hmmm...

At the risk of not being politically correct, well....what the hell did they THINK us Americans would do if they didn't back us?

Considering our history with France, and their attitude toward us in general. I mean, my Dad has been to France numerous times and he's told me that the French treat Americans completely different than other nationalities.

This happened to him in stores, in restaurants, in customs at the airport. He's a retired airline pilot and France was never a place he enjoyed visiting.

We're too "vulgar and lack sophistication". Hmmmm, oh well.

Oui Oui Poo Poo.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
The way a lot of Americans are treating people who are against the war (including the French) is disgusting. This is supposed to be a nation of free speech and ideas. I guess we should change the constitution to say.."Right to free speech...as long as it's what everyone else is saying."
I don't like those demonstrators that protest illegally (like blocking traffic, etc.) but it seems like anyone who is against the war is looked down upon nowadays, especially now that we did so well.

Christian

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I feel no one has to support the war. However, when they (those who do not support the war) put the US on blast, taking every possible pot shot.....they are asking for trouble. In this case, they have trouble.

I spent some time in Canada a month ago, and had serious discussions with anti war canadians...and they straight up told me that there is a general distate in West Canada against US as a whole. That is lame. Just as lame as us Americans dogging France as a whole.

Oh well, Im going to go eat some freedom fries :roll:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Racefiend said:
especially now that we did so well.
You kinda feel guilty about that dont ya?

Youre right. I do look down upon those that dont support our troops mission. Kinda in the same way most anti-american protesters look down on the country we love.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You kinda feel guilty about that dont ya?
Huh?

Youre right. I do look down upon those that dont support our troops mission. Kinda in the same way most anti-american protesters look down on the country we love.
Why does being anti war mean anti troops? People seem to think that if someone is anti war that they're one of those idiots holding those signs that say: "Murderous soldiers deserve to die" or "Bush=Hitler".

Personally I'm in the middle, not anti, not pro...but more towards anti due mainly to the rush towards it. I totally agree Hussein needs to go. But I totally support the soldiers. I know its not their decision and they're just doing their job. And most anti war people think the same way. It's only the radical idiots that end up on TV that are against both the war and the troops.

Christian

·
Registered
211 Posts
None of this is personal...

Why does being anti war mean anti troops?
I dont understand why these people are so die hard anti-american either. Maybe someone else can explain it.

People seem to think that if someone is anti war that they're one of those idiots holding those signs that say: "Murderous soldiers deserve to die" or "Bush=Hitler".
They seem to be fairly proud of themselves for being so anti-american. Thats the way the anti-war movement is protrayed because thats the way it is. How can you blame people for being confused about their intentions when thats how they protray themselves.

And most anti war people think the same way.
Not sure about that.

It's only the radical idiots that end up on TV that are against both the war and the troops.
Agree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts