Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Acura CL 2 door coupe Type S model:::....lady bougtht it new, immaculate condition w/high millage, her husband want my 82 sup.

I know nothing about these cars, anyone have first had experience.

·
Registered
472 Posts
meh... you can get a 2001 acura anywhere... made by honda remember.... lol.

id keep the 82 supra.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not enough information. If the Acura is as nice as you say it is and the '82 supra is as shitty as most are, I'd trade.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Good car, nothing special. They aren't worth much. The trans will probably fail if it hasn't already.

I wouldn't trade any lower mile or very clean mk2 for one ever.

FWFW I daily an 06 TL, which I love....but its a common GOOD CAR....not much else....hardly a future classic.

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
The Acura 3.0/3.2 motors are interference type engines, a high mileage motor will need a timing belt, Acuras' parts alone will run you $300-$400 at least, dealer cost for R&R for a timing belt is $1400 (my daughters car is a '99 CL 3.0) shops will charge $800-$900. And the auto trans in these cars can be suspect if proper maintenance wasnt performed since day one

IMO a Supra as a daily driver is very economical compared to the Acura...for example just to change the power steering belt you have to remove the serpetine belt AND the front motor mount...

Positives, great mileage on the freeway 28mph+ lots of power, drives very nice, plently of bells and whistles, heated seats, auto AC, moon roof, leather, LARGE trunk...

Cons expensive to repair, and parts too...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man.....I knew I could count on all you good people for honest quick answers !!
valued my car @5500 his at 2200 cash+trade.

My car needs nothing to drive for a long time, his...well, as you say, timing service, tranny etc. etc. I JUST FOUND OUT THE EXTERIOR IS GOLD :throwup:

Thanks again, I have always been fascinated with the Acura cars, just have never researched or owned one.

I am way dangerous when bored

·
Registered
472 Posts
dont get bored. go work on your new yota truck... do something to keep yourself away from the honda market!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts