Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Supra fans!

I noticed that the interior dome light on my '83 Blupra doesn't fade out when I lock the doors from the outside like my '86 Supra did. On the 86 the dome light would stay on for a few seconds and then fade out. On the '83 the light shuts off the instant I close the door. Is that how it's supposed to be on the '83s or is there something I need to fix/replace on my '83 to get the dome light fading like it should?

Also, if the light on the '83s isn't supposed to fade like it does on the '86, is there a way to make it fade? I have an 85 parts car kicking around, I could swap out whatever relay or dimmer from that car to my '83, I'd just need to know where that part is. Any suggestions? Let me know, thanks.

- Mike

·
Registered
257 Posts
i know the relay is in the drivers side back seat armrest area, behind the side panel ( in an 85 ) but I'm not sure if that makes it fade
Brian

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian said:
i know the relay is in the drivers side back seat armrest area, behind the side panel ( in an 85 ) but I'm not sure if that makes it fade
Brian
Okay, that's a start... What I can do is rip that out of the 85 and throw it in to my '83 (assuming the connectors and wires are identicle) and see how it works. I'll keep ya posted.

- Mike

·
Registered
202 Posts
In the 2 84's I've owned, they both shut off when you close the door. They probally didn't have the "fading effect."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts