Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked these things. Here is a pic of a work in progress. 1980 model. Its clean (recent body resto) but he uses it from time to time....and he will do some parking lot plowing with it this winter. The tires will be flipped and he might paint the roof white....

·
Premium Member
7,781 Posts
I do see a nice GMC at the curb too...and slate roofs!!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Very nice Mike, it lools really straight. I always appreciate anybody who actually uses their vehicle, don't know if I'd plow with it but....

On another note a local guy has an early bronco and it hasn't been molested at all. Seems it was his fathers and it was just given to this guys son (who's like 10!)who talked about flairs and such and the father said no way truck is way too original for that.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I used to be a land surveyor in Arizona (Aridzona)
The scout was our most reliable vehicle for the desert. Mind you, this is the early 70's. That's how old I am.
But.....when we had to survey the really soft sand dunes, we relied on the old WWII Willy's jeep. It was truly an amazing vehicle.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Those are pretty cool, always have admired the scout. there are quite a few of them roaming around this area of Colorado, mainly contractors...they seem to go forever !!

Closest I have come to them is this beast, let er rip in 2nd gear and you will have no tires left...LOL !! wife grabbed the key's one time to pick up some wood at home depot, couldn't turn the steering wheel to get it out of the parking lot..:zzzzz: sold it to a local guy for $900.00 still see it driving around town.
1969 International Harvester:

·
Registered
655 Posts
re:

One of my old bosses loved International Scouts. He's got two or three of them in his garage, plus another 10 or so vehicles, ranging from an H1 Hummer to a new M3, lucky guy. The Scout used to be his winter DD, until he got the H1 that is.

Sonny

·
Registered
835 Posts
My uncle has 2 of the scouts...Loves em...I think one is now a parts mobile so if your looking for something I can check with him on stuff. I know some of thier parts can be hard to find now a days...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Friend had one that was bullet proof. Dark Green. Same body. Brakes went out one day, damn thing Idled over a couch. needless to say couch was junk. Sweet rig though.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
One of my uncles bought one back in 1980 new from the dealer. It has the Nissan Turbo Diesel with a 5 Speed. Truck is now shipped out of the country where he still drives it. It's an awesome vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts