Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey need help !!!!!!
im new to this forum and joined simply because of this car .......
i just bought an 86.5 project car from a freind ... with a 7mge under the hood . it hasnt had spark in a few days now (im working on it ) .. but everything seems to check out (according to the toyota factory service manual) ... but i cant get any spark from the coil (tried three different ones ) ive replaced the ignitor twice .. tried two different distributors ... timing is on as far as i can tell ( bottom mark lines up with zero and the two top marks line up with the matchmarks on the #2 timing cover .. have replaced the plugs twice ... still no luck .. checked as many ground wires as i could find .. disabled the security system (grounded the blue wire with an orange tracer) .. did a compression check (checked out) .... confusin hard on this one .. please help!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to addd ... when it did have spark it still wouldnt run ... just pop and misss fire .. i think that the distributor was 180 off .. but that has since been corrected .. thanx for any help that you might have to offer .. also i have tried four different MAF units and still nothing .... grrrrr....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts