Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I never really introduced myself, so here it is. I bought an 85 celica supra a few months ago, and Ive been working on it a few hours per day since. It had a horrible knock, body was solid, but fugly!!! Interior could use a bit of help, but thats for later. Im really focusing on putting her back on the road asap. She is almost ready. New satin black paintjob, COMPLETELY rebuilt/painted engine, new ceramic coated exhaust, new windshield, and about a million things here and there. Still need to fix a few electrical issues, and shoot an undercoating. Then I need to pass a visual/mechanical inspection:ugh: Here are the pics:
When I got her:

Took off the head to inspect things

Theres your problem. Now realising that it needs a full rebuild, and regrind crank.

A bit of por-15, body work prior to putty:

Primer coat and base coat down, after wet sanding (still a bit wet, thats also the old windshield, do not worry)

Crank fresh from machine shop:

Engine almost ready to be dropped back in:

After satin black paint job and new windshield:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Winter car = "narrower" tires - I'd like to run more narrow tires than stock for the winter

·
Registered
401 Posts
Great work and welcome. Looks like you have a tough job on the restore. It will all be good when its done though. Good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. Yes, a gun job will look better than a spray can job anyday. This is a beater, but I still like to do things the right way:D Or else I wouldnt be dumping this sort of money into it... Already have the skinnies : Bridgestone Blizzaks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
is that a 86 model hatch i see on the back? 3rd brake light was done on leftover 85's and badged for 86.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts