Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving down the road with the 5mge in the back of the truck, coming home from washing it off.

passed by an 82-83 supra, an early celica (79ish), another two supras, and an 85 that slowed down to chat... he hollers "i recognize that engine"

i guess once i get the car going, ive got some cruising pals :)

also got pulled over on the way home late last night, super nice cop though, didnt ticket me for a burnt out head light, was pretty curious what was under the tarp in the back though, lol.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey dogstar,
When I was living in Calgary in the early 80's, I couldnt believe how many 240/260z there were and the fact that people were driving them in the winter
(totally taboo on Toronto roads ). They were all in relatively good condition ( Calgary didnt use salt ). I would really like to get out there now and see how many MK2's are still kickin around. Checked on autotrader.ca today and there was like 5 for sale.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I see several Supras every week. There are lots of them out here.(Calgary)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Supra Truck :?

A couple months back I took a 5M Block from my house to my uncles house (120 miles). People on the Highway just looked at me with wide open eyes amazed :shock: that they were being passed up :D. I guess thats the only time I have had 12 cyl mk2 :twisted:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, i stop at 7/11.... yes, the engines still in there, lmao.

this older guy says "geeez, what a life.... i carry a spare tire, maybe a spare battery on long trips, you just bring the whole engine!"
my only reply "well, it is a ford...." as i nod back at the ranger. :D

second smartass of the night, im coming down the freeway, and i turn off, then wait at a light, and predictably, my truck stalls due to some electrical gremlin.
these guys pull up in a civic, and say "hey speedracer, just toss your other engine in, thatll fix it."
i procede to destroy them by 4 car lengths to the next lights after i get it started again.

looks like the old parts cars getting towed to the dump, and the black cars gonna start today, come hell or high water
:)

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
dogstar said:
lol, i stop at 7/11.... yes, the engines still in there, lmao.

this older guy says "geeez, what a life.... i carry a spare tire, maybe a spare battery on long trips, you just bring the whole engine!"
my only reply "well, it is a ford...." as i nod back at the ranger. :D
:)
LMAO!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts