1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(BTW: I searched.)

I know we have this awesome resource of manuals and references:
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=51304

And in my searches I also ran across some EPC(?) parts program, but it only seemed to have Supra Mk3 parts.

...but I don't see anything there, like what you can find online at:
www.toyodiy.com
This site is extremely useful but it is currently down.

It would be great to have a similar reference offline, that shows diagrams of parts, name, and numbers.
Is this something that is currently available?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Yes, there is.

You can occasionally find a microfiche version on ebay. You'll need a microfiche reader to use it, but a used one is fairly cheap.

I've never seen a printed copy.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...what about the Collision Repair Manual.
Anyone have that?
Does that have all the parts?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, there is.

You can occasionally find a microfiche version on ebay. You'll need a microfiche reader to use it, but a used one is fairly cheap.

I've never seen a printed copy.

Interesting. I see a set on eBay now, but they are for Mk3s.

Has anyone bought these for Mk2s?
I notice there are services that convert microfiche to PDF. If you have them contact me and maybe we can work something out to get them converted.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have the haynes repair maunel for both the mk2 and mk1 supra i picked them up cheap at a libary sell 50 cents a peice and no i havent seem a parts list in there

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Do a google search on "Toyota EPC" (Electronic Parts Catalog) and look at the Toyota 4WD site results. They'll tell you how to install the full EPC on your computer, but beware, many of the versions won't work on anything more modern then Win98SE, or even Win95. Several old threads here about this. Me, I use Toyodiy - down for me too.

As for manuals (in order, first two very good):
Toyota Service and Repair Manual (TSRM) - available in reprint
Haynes 82-85 Celica Supra
Haynes 79-92 Celica Supra
Chilton (ugh)

Plus, Toyota Electronic Wiring Diagrams.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The EPC that I found, as written on the second link above: "apparently they cover 1988 and up vehicles".
I found the two disk zip version, was able to install and run it, but it only had MA70 Supra information on it.

Have seen some references to and older EPC but I have not found it. If anyone has any good links to an EPC that covers MA67s, please throw them up for us.
Thx.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whew.. TOYODIY.com is back today.

I'd still like a paper copy of a parts manual for our cars.
I contacted two companies for quotes on converting the microfiche version into PDFs.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
I have a microfische set you can borrow if needed??

Whew.. TOYODIY.com is back today.

I'd still like a paper copy of a parts manual for our cars.
I contacted two companies for quotes on converting the microfiche version into PDFs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great, thanks.
Someone else offered as well, on a PM. I'll let you guys know once I get a quote.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Copy, I actually have the first 3 generations of Supra on fische...which includes Celica RA

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, then break it down for me to get a proper quote.

My first contact said that the Parts manual is on 6 microfiche "slides", that contain a total of 900 pages.

Do you have a different version, set? If so, give me the breakdown of number of slides, and total number of pages, in the set.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I found the two disk zip version, was able to install and run it, but it only had MA70 Supra information on it.
Thx.
that is because our car is listed as a Celica, not a Supra.
Look carefully on the body codes of the celica, and select the MA.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to the both of you.
I had tried that link earlier but didn't realize the trick was to enter Celica '85.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
The RA#, MA61 Toyota Celica Microfische slides 5 pages dated May '86 containing an average of
208 pages per page...

OK, then break it down for me to get a proper quote.

My first contact said that the Parts manual is on 6 microfiche "slides", that contain a total of 900 pages.

Do you have a different version, set? If so, give me the breakdown of number of slides, and total number of pages, in the set.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts