Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out, he says he beat a twin turbo supra and bunch of other cars. but his 1/4 mile time is 16.51 @ 83 mph. i'd say this is bs

check this out

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Sorry, but I think this guy is a dork!!!!!! :shock: :roll: :p

Let's see... Intake, slighty bigger exhaust, wires, plugs, and some "creative tuning"..... With the trap speed & time listed, this probably sounds about right for the number of mods that he did. Notice that nothing is listed in his mods list, regarding a turbo or NOS.

One more person who has been reading too many magazines & needs to put them down, IMO...... :?

AND.... It's a 2nd Gen RX7 GLH, NOT the Turbo II model......

Personally, I think either the MKIV TT driver did not know how to drive or launch, OR it was actually a MKIV NA that he beat.

This year I should say that "I" beat Tozer, Saad, & the Titan MKIV's at the Vegas meet w/ my 18 second time. Yeah, that should go over "really" well...... :idea:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Short of the mk IV breaking...the only way that kid beat a mk IV was if the Mk IV driver got confused and thought he was running out for a quart of milk and not drag racing.

I even find those times suspect from the mods he had listed. The 13B in that thing in N/A trim from the factory was like something in the area of 17.0 I seriously doubt he's gonna get .5 seconds from an intake, exhaust, and some damn plug wires..

Of course, the funniest part was.. "I beat a TT Supra, a WRX, (a few other ars that I forget and I don;t feel like looking aagain to see), but I was beat by a Plymouth Horizon!?!?!. I think this kid is confused. Someone needs to explain that when you cross the line AFTER the other car, that means you lose...not win.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
He probably mixed up his "Kill list" to his "GOT KILLED by list" :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds to me like he needs to go buy a real car, like a....a... A HONDA CIVIC! Then he can REALLY get a cool car after putting in some plug wires!

·
Registered
86 Posts
16:51 did he push the car to victory or tow it? :lol: my extended cab trucks runs that, (at least i think it would compared to a number like that!) that rx-7 couldn't out run an n/a mkiv if its going in reverse [email protected]#

P.S. sorry for the f.& f. quote kinda cheezy but seemed proper the the occation. :oops:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Well, the way he wrote it, he said he kept it pretty consistent, so I take it to mean that he beat them in bracket racing.

Its actually a lot harder for the faster cars to stay consistent than for a slower one.
Christian

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
If hes proud of his car-he dont understand bracket racing-now if he pulls 10 identical runs, he should be proud of hisself-Freakin 2CV Citroen is a great bracket racer! :roll: -Mike P

1 - 9 of 9 Posts