Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can pick up a complete Mk3 turbo for about 1200 bucks cdn right now, but it has over 400,000kms on it and has an engine knock (needs a bottem end rebuild) It would have all i need to do an engine swap but Im leery about how much it will cost to get that engine in good shape. Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Although I don't know about the pricing of a front clip, it seems to be a pretty good deal. No matter what you buy, you should always rebuild the engine, even if its just to freshen it up a little. This will save you money in the long run, as you'll already have the engine out for a rebuild...
Just a bit of advice! Good luck!
Chris

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
thats alot of milage. Expect an expensive rebuild, it will likely need new everything.

·
Founding Member
6,424 Posts
The best to look for is a wrecked mk3t thats too badly damaged to make an economical fixer-upper but still runs and drives if not in a straight line. If you can make absolutely sure that the engine and all accessories work perfectly while its still in the mk3 chassis, then you can easily confine any problems you might find after the conversion to the conversion work itself. Wouldn't it be a real headache to get everything swapped over and then go nuts trying to figure out what you did wrong when all it was a bad injector on the mk3 donor engine to begin with? I've passed up plenty of potential donors because I've yet to find one that doesn't have engine problems to start with.

Phil D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts