Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sold my wheels. :shock: They will be on another black mk2 very very soon...one that is motivated by a 7m and makes a *lot* of power ;)

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Mike, have you been :drinking: ?

Phil D.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
So mike, enlighten us, why have you sold your wheels, and what new car are you oogeling over lately???

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:shock::shocked!: BUT why ohh why.....ohh the pain, the pain

:D

Hey mike did you sell them to that guy that Restored that 85 Black mk2, and put in that 7MGTE on to it.

I forgot his screenname :oops:

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supraluva, yes.

Unfortunately, Im the most indecisive mofo around, as most of you very well know. I started working in the auto aftermarket/motorsports world 8mos ago, and every day I wanted more and more to get into racing. Im talking road racing, not drag or autoX.

So why now use the mk2?
1. car is too clean to hack up and beat into teh ground with no worries of wrapping it up
2. no aftermarket and in order to get power, it will put me into classes where I will get smashed

I love mk2s, but I really want to race. I cant keep 2 cars in addition to my daily driver, so the logical step is to sell the mk2 and get a car to race. Im thinking a Miata or 240sx. (Im waiting for teh fag Miata jokes :lol: )

Oh well, cs.com will still be around forever :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mike,

Thanks again.

Here are some pics of the wheels on the '85.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Mike, this is sacreligious!!

I have 4 cars, you can certainly have 3!!

Can't believe you'd even THINK about selling your MkII.

Damn, what's the world coming to. Miata?!?!?! You must be smokin' somethin', and it's not the good shit for sure!!

-- Bob --

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Holly freholles,

damn, that is sweet...you guys and your freshly painted black mk2's are really getting on my nerve....that is absolutely beautiful.

In regards to the sale of the MK2, don't worry Malloy will change his mind, he's worse than me at making decisions like this. I've been 'selling' my mk3 for months.

Keep the faith...if not that, then at least keep the mk2 :roll:

George
84 6m...that got whopped by a stock 5m

·
Registered
517 Posts
:D yeah :roll: hmmmm :| :cry: what have I done :bad-word: grrr

It happen to me!
you dont know what you got till its gone (put up a parking lot)

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
LOL!!!!!!

Oh dear......... Well, let's see....

We "tormented" Malloy on the Yahoo list when he sold his 85 Bluepra & went through the Eagle TaLUN phase, then it was the Pontiac 25th Anniversary Trans Am phase (which I did like, BTW).... So now we possibly have a Mazda Miata or a Nissan 240SX phase to look forward to??????? :D :shock: :multi: This sounds like FUN all over again!!!!!! HeeHee....

And will you be offering the Blackpra back to Giacchi first???? :wink:

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words guys (LOL) No matter what I have, Ill be part of this lovely mk2 crew. Eng knows this all too well ;)

Also, this car isnt even formally 'for sale' till Greg G says he doesnt want it back. Ill hold onto it for however long he wants me to either. Its part of the contract we had when the car was originally sold to me :D

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Coming soon to a website near you:

MIKE MALLOY in....

www.ichangemymindmoreoftenthanwomendo.com

or

www.iwanttodrivemymk2suprafriendsinsane.com

or

www.idressmymiataupindollclothes.com

heh heh...and this: :lilangel: will make a nice bumper sticker for the Miata too ;)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
ohh i can see it now.......
Malloy rolling in a HOT PINK Miata LOL

:lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Get the 240SX. More possibilities in terms of power upgrades - turbo kit from Turbonetics, SR20DET, etc. HKS has a full catalog on upgrade parts.

Miata? Mike, I know you're AR, but most of these owners make you look like you don't give a rat's a&&. Different mentality. oi vey... don't get me started.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thats what Im talkin about. Im going to run it into the ground, not wax it up for yearly car meets :)

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
I testdrive miatas all the time.

*walks up*
"I need a car..."
*insert bullshitting here*
"Can I take it for a spin?"
*drives like mad down some backroads*
"Can I get your card, I'll be back out tomorrow to talk money."

They are fun, although I wear my hat down low on my head so noone will recognize me.

[email protected] www.malloychangeshismindlikeawoman.com or whattever that was.

--BillyM (thinking of testdriving one to the local autox for a run or two)

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Theres nothing gay about miatas. Any car that comes stock with an LSD, double wishbone on all 4 corners, a steering ratio to die for, 4 wheel discs, 6 speed (its an option), blistien shocks, nardi steering wheel and a perfect 50/50 weight balance is hardly gay. Hell, the miata is more sports car then a mk2 supra ( :p flame suit on), and the 2nd gen ones look pretty sweet with the oem body kit too. I will say I don't like the looks of the 1st gen ones as much, but they have grown on me a little (they just need to lose the bug eyes). Anyways, all I have to say about them is drive one before you knock it, but be forewarned, you may like it so much you may consider selling your mk2 to get one (no I'm not joking and no I'm not ditching my mk2s for one, but some might).

Mike, whatever you decide to go with for racing, all the power to you, but keep the mk2. You have a driveway right? A bit of street in front of the house? A backyard? Any of the above? Keep your beater race car there and the mk2 in the garage. Keep it for shows and something fun to drive on weekends (something fun with the rear wheels applying the power to the ground, iow the jetta doesn't count). If you do what you say you want to do to a miata or such, it will not be streetable. Hell theres 4 cars in my stable, and I live in an appartment! I'm sure you can manage with 3.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts