Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well I'm new to this but I just got "the car" she is a 1985 supra silver with a 83 5m 5 speed manual I'd love to dig in but this is my first supra and it's all new to me
I'm familiar with 80s cars I used to drive a 86 iroc z28 but it never fit just right but that was my car and my first build fast forward 8 years and me and my best friend are hanging out and I hear his dad is parting a supra and I was wondering (wtf is a supra) so we went to look at her and man 85 silver ok interior ect manual transmission (my iroc was auto and I always wanted a manual trans car of my own)
and I asked if they might sell it as a whole we waited later that night me and my gf were on a drive and we talked about it and I teared up after saying she is going to be gutted and sold the next day today I made a offer and my friends dad took it my iroc never made me feel like she does until I name her im calling her silver
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Steering wheel
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Steering part

yea she needs love but she has so much potential and I'm very excited her future
(ps gf wants to do his and hers supra now)
(maby in the future we might post about it)
I don't know silver just feels like a part of me now and I really think she is the car for me and I'm happy she won't get ripped apart

ill show her progress and when the gf gets hers we'll post out builds together
that's all for now

(added after post was made got a few more pictures of silver)
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

this is the only rust patch that's any level of needs love on silver
(pacific northwest car no salt)
but moisture still hasn't gotten to her interior either
Vehicle Window Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover

also I found out most of the eletric components tape deck headlight motors all interior lights ect are completely operational after a quick test

and her 5M is out of a 83 and it so far only needs a altanator and a fuel pump engine cranks and runs on starter fluid and the trans shifts fine so green lights so far
for the alternator im thinking about the Camrey 90s v6 alt swap
(I'll give more updates as I lern and find more)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,925 Posts
Congrats for sure!! I would say that is a very decent Mk2!!

Nice save!!

Reactions: 5M Snakeman

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice. Always trips me out when I hear about one being parted out, especially one that appears to be pretty solid. I mean I understand if it's rusted to death, or wrecked bad, but you never really see them, at least around here you don't. Only reason I knew about them is because I saw one in a parking lot about 12 years ago and was like, wow, that's a cool car.

Hard to find parts sometimes, but most things I've needed have come around eventually, just have to be patient. Usually find parts from one being parted out though, lol. Just how it goes I reckon, we all need parts.

I got my 83 about 3.5 years ago and it was pretty rough, 5m needed rebuilding, had some rust, but not too bad. It wasn't all bent up though, so I was super stoked about getting it. Still working on it but it runs good now. Waiting to get it legal so I can get out in it and really drive it.

·
Super Moderator
7,912 Posts
You got bitten by the Supra syndrome!
Still pretty good shape from what we see.
Some starts with much much worst condition car. 👍

Reactions: 5M Snakeman

·
Registered
186 Posts
From what I'm seeing, it would have been criminal to part out that car! Glad you saved her and "fell in love"! Girlfriend may be a little jealous, however! LOL! Best of luck with it. Lots of VERY knowledgeable and helpful people here, so you're in the right place.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what I'm seeing, it would have been criminal to part out that car! Glad you saved her and "fell in love"! Girlfriend may be a little jealous, however! LOL! Best of luck with it. Lots of VERY knowledgeable and helpful people here, so you're in the right place.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
yea but so far she fell in love with it to and wants one so we shall see maby his and hers cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.