Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my front bearing issue comes from the new race not installing far enough in. The FSM says to drive it in with some special service tool that I don't have. I don't have a socket large enough for an even push. What have you guys used to accomplish this feat? The passanger side just pressed right in, so I don't understand why this side is giving me such hell.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
well, your going to have to either buy a socket or a peice of pipe the right diameter and drive it the rest of the way in.
william

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Shade-tree mechanics trick: Use the old race as a seat (its exactly the same size) and a block of wood as a flat to pound on.

Phil D.

·
Registered
667 Posts
i just did my front bearings

pdupler said:
Shade-tree mechanics trick: Use the old race as a seat (its exactly the same size) and a block of wood as a flat to pound on.

Phil D.
I just did my front bearings last week and I used the old races to hammer in the new ones ( carefully )
The larger used race got stuck with the new one as I hammered it in (with hard piece of wood), so the second wheel I ground 2 notches(in the old one of course) so i could get a screw driver in the notch to knock back out the old one.

Turns out i didnt need the notches, I used a can of air(inverted) and froze the old race, after pounding in the new race, the old frozen one fell out..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts