Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAJJAM1954 I noticed you are running this set up, did you notice any notable improvements after installation? was it a straight forward deal? how much did it run you if you hadn't had it too long. Doug

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hey Doug,
Jeff, my mechanic, swears by these things. I have the MSD but he has installed these in other cars of his and noticed a big gains. I'm still debating over the switch. Looking forward to others answers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
NKNVNUNL said:
MAJJAM1954 I noticed you are running this set up, did you notice any notable improvements after installation? was it a straight forward deal? how much did it run you if you hadn't had it too long. Doug
doug,

my jacobs has been on the car for many years now. when i first installed it there was a difference in performance that one could notice form the seat of the pants. setup was easy, even has a bypass switch, hp gain estimated about 5 - 10 hp which is about the limit you can notice.

btw, the model i have is an older one, and i havent heard back from the factory on getting a new manual.

hope that helps :)

mj

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'm in the process of installing my jacobs, can't find a place to put the brain box, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Which ignition sytem would be better the jacobs ICE pak or a msd ignition

·
Registered
634 Posts
I did lots of research and at that time decided on the jacobs. I did a group buy about a year ago and only had two ordered.

Anyway people have complained of heatsoak from the MSD. I have a brand new jacobs ICE I am waiting to install this fall on my wifes 85

·
Registered
69 Posts
Andrew said:
I'm in the process of installing my jacobs, can't find a place to put the brain box, any suggestions?
mine is installed on the vertical brace in front of the radiator, per suggestion from jacobs. the idea is to keep it exposed to cool air comming thru the grille. the ice pack unit seems to have a bigger chassis, but it should still fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts