Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased one and can't decide whether to keep the stock single turbo or go with a holeset that I have that works very well. Going to keep the internals stock. Im sure others have done this? Do they hold up? Any input to help me decide which turbo to go with would be great . I have management system already in place. The 1j stock is supposed to be 280 HP. Never got to dyno my 7mgte with the holset. People were guessing it was 500-600 HP. Just wouldn't hold up the even with all the goods in it.just don't want to blow up this 1j with the bigger turbo. Any input would be sweet. Any 1jzgtevvti guys out there with management and stock lower internals?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a 1jzgte vvti, I ran it with the stock turbo for a year and have recently put a Tomie on it. I liked the response of the stock turbo but it gave up on the top end. It would be at full boost @ 2800 rpm, comes on fast but lays down after 5000 rpm. The Tomie is about the exact same size as a GT35, it has a bit more of lag but never gives up. The Tomie reaches full boost @ 4200 rpm. There are a few manifolds for the VVTi now, cheap ones for $300 or good ones for $1200. I also run a standalone ECU. The internals are good for 500 for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KajunKreations. That helps quite a bit. I recently changed my mind and have been leaning toward using my holset from the get go. Your comment almost confirms it.
Been looking at a CX racing manifold for like 490$ .
Wondering do you still have the stock throttle body and intake?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts