Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Personally I do like the modified driving lights better, using OEM "clear" H3s or the yellow capsules, than the US fogs...

I use a 3/16" punch to remove the detents in order to remove the light capsules.

Then using tin (aviation??) shears I cut out the reflector thru the hole where the capsule goes into, on a good day I can remove the reflector in 5-8 minutes per light...leaving the riveted side supports last and then drill out the rivets...and shake out any remaining pieces...

Chris' write up is spot on!!

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
David, Thanks for the referral Sir!!

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Actually talked to Chris "Mallow" today...

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
David same here, glad to hear from him!

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
David can you send me the link for the CD...my wife made me a Fire House CD recently with a "fire" theme...

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Chris, nice work Sir!!

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Amber #194 bulbs Malibu landscape lights

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
One of my favorite mods of all time!!

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Bump Update

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Completed a set of AJ Driving lights today for a forum member...got 2 fogs converted to driving lights in less than 20 mins...shipping out tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Just check to see if the MK3 Yellow capsules fit in a MK2 fog with the reflector removed...

Unfortunately will not fit plug and play modification is need to the MK2 fog...

I was actually looking at them just after AJ put up the post, but I passed on it since I already have them in my mkII. Was
going to see if I could make them work on my SC400 factory fog light housing.

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Chris, just recently moded a set of fogs to AJs driving light for a owner with a '86...

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
I did score a mint NOS set of fogs that are staying in the garage for now...Ive tried to bid on a couple of sets of XX fogs from Japan but the bids went in the $200-$300+ range plus fees and shipping...

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Working on the next set of AJ Driving lights... Fog reflector(s) already removed, Excellent++++ fog lenses but the bottom edges of both fogs have rust...

Trying to decide to use a media blaster to remove the rust, then some sort treatment??

Bicycle part Gas Composite material Auto part Nickel

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,561 Posts
Thanks Doc!!

Duh I didn't even think of using a Dremel!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts