Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Good luck with that. I don't think they're around anymore. I think I still have the tool I used to pull apart the backside to get the reflector out and the yellow capsule in. I'll look around and take some pics if I do.

Edit: Would you believe - the first time I modified my foglights about twenty years ago or so, I cut the lens out from the front using heat and an exacto blade and then sealed it back up with RTV when I put it back together. I still have that pair of lights on my 7m '85 and the RTV was red and still is.
The method outlined in this thread is so easy if you make the right tool to press it out and press it back in from the backside. I don't know why I didn't do this the first time. Like Alice just said now on the radio, "It's as easy as licking your own elbow while putting your legs behind your head" - and he just did it now too. Or so he said, I wasn't watching my radio.

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Actually talked to Chris "Mallow" today...

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Alright! I haven't seen him around for awhile. A couple months, anyway. But his pics links are a couple years old - hopefully he can update.

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
David same here, glad to hear from him!

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Arch - I was just thinking about how I was despairing lately that this forum was going down the tubes. Really; how many guys are still around from the old yahoo forum or would know anymore what a 56k warning is?

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Arch
I am way off topic here but I just found a boyhood favorite of mine - Firehouse Five Plus Two. If anyone out there knew what I was referring to, you'd be one of them. My 45 of Tiger Rag wore out a few years ago but I found their whole catalog is on CD.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i know what 56k is and im only 21 lol and i am trying to find out how to get the old light holder out cause i have the covers like the AJ ones ??? i realy dont care bout the sheld inside

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Make a tool with a piece of electrical tape and a little screw. punch the screw through the tape and then wrap it around the channel-lock pliers to hold it in place.

the holder has a couple little dimples, one on each side that hold it in to the housing.

squeeze the inside of the dimple. Doesn't take much.

Pop it off. The lamp I used for illustration purposes had the glass off the front but it was handy and shows how easy it is to pop off the holder.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Sorry it took me a while to notice this, I'll reupload the pics this weekend for you guys (I've still got them, but I'm at work right now).

I originally had them hosted at imagesocket, but that only works for a short while and they die again. Anyone know a place to host images that will last longer?

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
David can you send me the link for the CD...my wife made me a Fire House CD recently with a "fire" theme...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Uploaded the photos to photobucket and updated the image links. They should all be working now.

Thank you for the suggestion and hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Chris, nice work Sir!!

·
Registered
15,095 Posts
why do people want yellow foglights? i have never understood that.

·
Registered
15,095 Posts
to me they look stupid. thats why i dont want them. yellow is for blinkers!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
AJ. Can you buy yellow bulbs for the corner part of the fog (running lights) to match?
Where do you get them

·
Registered
15,095 Posts
yes you can iirc.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts