·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Amber #194 bulbs Malibu landscape lights

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Cool, thanks :salute:
Would walmart or parts store have them? I will write that info down.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Arch - I was just thinking about how I was despairing lately that this forum was going down the tubes. Really; how many guys are still around from the old yahoo forum or would know anymore what a 56k warning is?
i know what 56k is and im only 21 lol and i am trying to find out how to get the old light holder out cause i have the covers like the AJ ones ??? i realy dont care bout the sheld inside
if yall don't mind me asking.. what does 56K mean? seen it alot but i don't get it, Does this mean the amount of moneys you will spend to restore these cars?? idk just a guess, but i would like to know is being reffered to by this "56K"

i know not related to the the topic at hand sorry. but had to ask.

·
Registered
15,095 Posts
if yall don't mind me asking.. what does 56K mean? seen it alot but i don't get it, Does this mean the amount of moneys you will spend to restore these cars?? idk just a guess, but i would like to know is being reffered to by this "56K"

i know not related to the the topic at hand sorry. but had to ask.
it means if your on dialup internet, as in 56k modem, dont open the thread because there are alot of huge pics that will cause it to take days to load. and as unrealistic as it sounds, im sure there are still people browsing on 56k. i talk to people fairly often that are on dial up because they cant get broadband where they live. usually live out in the sticks etc... sometimes if your in the woods, you cant use sat internet due to the tall tress blocking the line of sight to the satelites.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
it means if your on dialup internet, as in 56k modem, dont open the thread because there are alot of huge pics that will cause it to take days to load. and as unrealistic as it sounds, im sure there are still people browsing on 56k. i talk to people fairly often that are on dial up because they cant get broadband where they live. usually live out in the sticks etc... sometimes if your in the woods, you cant use sat internet due to the tall tress blocking the line of sight to the satelites.
I was browsing with dialup until I went into college (2004) so I know the pain quite well. That, and I've got a 12 year old computer. So, even though I have FiOS, the image sizes these days hit my ram pretty hard. All 512 MB of it...

·
Registered
15,095 Posts
I was browsing with dialup until I went into college (2004) so I know the pain quite well. That, and I've got a 12 year old computer. So, even though I have FiOS, the image sizes these days hit my ram pretty hard. All 512 MB of it...
go on craigslist. find a pc for ~$100. ive seen quad cores go for that because the people got a virus they dont know how to fix and dont want to pay someone to fix, so they sell the old tower and buy a new one. just wipe it out and load a fresh os on it. grab at least a dual core though. i need to build a new desktop myself. used mine the other day and the 3ghz p4 was brutal when doing anything that requires alot of memory.

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
One of my favorite mods of all time!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was actually looking at them just after AJ put up the post, but I passed on it since I already have them in my mkII. Was going to see if I could make them work on my SC400 factory fog light housing.

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Bump Update

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Completed a set of AJ Driving lights today for a forum member...got 2 fogs converted to driving lights in less than 20 mins...shipping out tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Just check to see if the MK3 Yellow capsules fit in a MK2 fog with the reflector removed...

Unfortunately will not fit plug and play modification is need to the MK2 fog...

I was actually looking at them just after AJ put up the post, but I passed on it since I already have them in my mkII. Was
going to see if I could make them work on my SC400 factory fog light housing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Happy to see my thread is still around and helped some people!

For people searching on ebay, it's probably more helpful looking for ES250 headlights instead of foglights as the search term. Then just make sure you see the yellow light reflecting in the pictures. Seems like they're rare and the asking prices are high though.

If nothing else, everyone going to junk yards should pull these if they can since I'm sure they would get bought up quickly!

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Chris, just recently moded a set of fogs to AJs driving light for a owner with a '86...

41 - 60 of 65 Posts