Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
I did score a mint NOS set of fogs that are staying in the garage for now...Ive tried to bid on a couple of sets of XX fogs from Japan but the bids went in the $200-$300+ range plus fees and shipping...

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Working on the next set of AJ Driving lights... Fog reflector(s) already removed, Excellent++++ fog lenses but the bottom edges of both fogs have rust...

Trying to decide to use a media blaster to remove the rust, then some sort treatment??

Bicycle part Gas Composite material Auto part Nickel

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,064 Posts
I used my Dremel tool with a flap-wheel sander in it to clean mine up. Took some time, but they came out nice.

If you just want a "treatment" for them, look into POR. Stands for "Paint Over Rust" and does a remarkable job.

Just don't get it on your hands, or you'll be wearing it for several months!

- Jim

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Thanks Doc!!

Duh I didn't even think of using a Dremel!!

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
The problem isn't the outside you show, but the inside lip towards the glass. You can treat the outside all you want, but it will still rust out from the inside. That's why the sealant material on a lot of these cars has a browish stain to it. They start rusting around the inside then progress to what you have. Best you can is do is clean all the rust off via grinding, sanding, etc. and treat with a sealant like POR15.

Reactions: AJ
61 - 65 of 65 Posts