Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this has been in the back of my head for quite some time: I was a web developer / graphic designer / domain name hording type in the mid 90's

copyright :10/12/2009, I will sue your ass if you utilize my ideas....lol

Just a thought:
has Anyone ever done a GPS run in autocross or a section of road in your area ?? would be the only way to verify a solo run + time and data

that would be an awesome website: log in and post your runs on a certain part of road in your home town or area...members and competitors would log in and post there times/GPS runs on the same section of road, or post new sections/time on a new section of road.

Here is a MTB Race I did yesterday, my team mate and I were comparing times/HR/calories etc......

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15898838

Couple of ideas for domain names: anyone ??

GPS ?? .com
SteetFighter ?? .com
SATALITERACING.COM
GlobalPosssssitioononingrace3...dot dot dot

heading out now for a GPS run......83 MKII

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Cool idea, btw it's Satellite.

In reality it's a bit more of a Racing Leaderboard with GPS. So I would think that something along those lines would be best.

I wish it was possible to log a route with my Tom Tom, in fact this reminds me that is one of the things I wanted to look into.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OMG......I scare myself !! didn't log information on the way back,,,,,still alive. dark, gravel on road, couple of cars, sketchy pavement :eek4dance:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15948901

Google Earth screenshot: just easing off the line, no smoke, no hard pulls, nothing over 5000rpm (hmmm, plug your GPS unit into your EMS for engine data)

·
Registered
722 Posts
There is a local guy here that rents out a gps to put on your car for autocross events. He then posts the info online so people can analyze the data. It shows g-force laterally and on accel and brake and mph pretty accurately, and allows you to overlay data with another driver or your own other runs. The gps he uses is MaxQData. The website is racingchart.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts