Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a set of BFGoodrich Radial T/A's 225/60r14 and they look too fat for the front tires. They look really nice on the back, but are the fronts suposed to be that large as well? Previously there were 185/70's on, but they looked too skinny for the 14x7 rim. Am I just used to looking at a too-skinny tire, and it seems too big? What do you guys have for tires?

-Ken

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have 225/60s on the front. They look just right :) I had them on the back when I still had 195s on the front but they looked small so I moved them to the front and put on 245/60s the back...they look good 8)
Stock size is 225/60 all around

-Wil

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the bfg 225/60/14 on all 4 and looks right to me, you probably just aren't used to seeing all that rubber up front after the other front tires you had on.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Trust us, they look fine. I previously had the BFG Radial TA's in the 225/60 size (before I put on the Yokohama A509's), and they seemed fine to me. Before I put on the BFG's, I had Goodyear Eagle ST's in the 235/60 size & those seemed too fat.

Yeah, I also think you got used to looking at the skinny 185/70's too long. I've seen what 195/70's look like on our 14x7" P-Type wheels.. :shock: :shock: Made me nervous about freeway onramp sweeper turns & the tires would pull off.

I currently have the Yoko A509's on my stock rims and compared to other more modern low profile tires (even my 245/45/16 Yokohama AVS-I's on my Compomotives) they do seem to be a bit on the fat side, but I did notice a difference between the 225/60's & the 235/60's on my Eagle ST's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 245/50 BFGs look a little fat,... But I like it that way! All the way around too. The handling is improved as well, as they are not only wider than 225/60s, but a little smaller in diameter.
Jamie

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it must just be me. The handling is much improved with them over the old ones. Before, if I was above 75 it would shake badly, one my way home I hit 105 and it was completely solid. And lance changes at 105.... beautiful compared to before. Only problem is that it feels... floaty?... above 90. If I turn the wheel, insetead of the car staying level, it seems to kind of float back and forth, slightly. Is this just old shocks/springs or is that normal, and I just dont drive 90+ too often? :) What would the best way to correct this be? I have stock front and rear sway bars (rear is still broken), rear strut bar (no front yet, waiting on the funds for LJM), and stock shocks/springs. As far as shocks and springs go, I want to lower it slightly, if Im not mistaken Enkei makes 1" lowering springs. What would the effect of that be, and has anyone used those before? For shocks, what would be a good "bang for your buck" shock. I have limited funds. I put a set of Monroe Sensatrac's on my other car, and they were "ok", but relatively cheap. Sorry for the long post!

-Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts