Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Founding Member
6,296 Posts
Phil Dupler, do you think you might still have record of those VINs?
No. Unfortunately, that computer died decades ago without a backup. One thing that I've thought of tho. I used to go to computer geek fleamarkets where they sold all sorts of computer parts, used software disks, etc. Back in the 90s, when all that government data was still public record, there would always be vendors at those flea markets selling CD's of all sorts of government data. I remember the DMV database was one of the sets available but I thought, why would I pay somebody $199 for that when I could search it online myself. Too shortsighted to foresee the state was going to pass privacy laws. Somebody still has copies of those CD's sitting around gathering dust somewhere. I've looked on ebay without success but maybe I don't know what search terms to look for.

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
You mean the new BMW? Lol. Now, more than ever, I think this is actually spurring these registry projects onwards as most have come to terms with the fact that the Supra is truly done. Have you seen the prices MKIVs are fetching? It's like real estate in Vancouver! Hopefully, the MK2 will follow suit.
Tell me about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You mean the new BMW? Lol. Now, more than ever, I think this is actually spurring these registry projects onwards as most have come to terms with the fact that the Supra is truly done. Have you seen the prices MKIVs are fetching? It's like real estate in Vancouver! Hopefully, the MK2 will follow suit.
I gave up my MK1 a few years back, and now I'm starting to want the full set again....
And yes, this is definitely a thing. There are 105 MK2s on the Registry already, in less than a month! Phil Dupler, do you think you might still have record of those VINs?
Correction, 106 lol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey Jocelyn,
I hope to get the bare bones info available soon. Just some people are concerned with having the info released, although the vin and build info is all that would be shared. As far as the Qs being invasive, there is no insistence on providing any more than would be available to a shutter bug at a car show.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not a LOT,so far.
Those questions are somewhat invasive.
Invasive how exactly? LMK and I'll make adjustments. I've actually changed the form loads to add more pertinent information to be added, but you don't have to even enter your name if you don't wanna. Even the VIN can be entered as D1234567 since that's all I really need to establish the year and sequential position.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Apologies. Maybe I was just reading into it too deeply.It was about the privacy issue,that's all.
You all already know that I'm Dave in Seattle.
Lotsa Dave's on the forum!!!!!!
A VIN # CAN locate the car in question,if you have the contacts.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
QUICK UPDATE - we are at 450 cars in the Registry! Keep them coming!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Phil, Nice work how do I check the entire MK2 registry??

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
What you're seeing there is awaiting the addition of the 106 cars I just added yesterday, and the 200 more I still have to process. But yeah, it's moving along well now.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Well, for any of you watching this program, after a brief commercial break we are now at 860 cars in the Registry! Yup, I've been hard at work tracking these down, but I hope all of you join in because the information is really interesting!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Minor suggestion- for the '85-'86 cars, relabel the 040 paint code to Super White II instead of the same Super White (035) as listed for earlier years.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
We are only a few cars away from 1000, if you can believe that! Yeah, there were 171000 or so made, but it's a start. If you haven't added yours, come on over!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts