Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I must say the build on the coilovers seem pretty good in my opinion. So far I've only put on the rears and it was easy as sh*t to put on, took me like 20 mins per side. I went from stock suspension on cut springs, to me it rode comfortable, a little bouncy but comfortable, to coils so I didnt know what to expect. After I put on the rears shit was crazy, I was bouncing everywhere the rear end was making wierd sounds and clunking hard at every bump and it sounded like I was bottoming out but I'm not?(i think). So I tightened the top mount bolts to make sure there wasnt any play moving the shocks around and I put the dampening to the softest. That helped alot in a way..but still alot of clunking and bouncyness..I put a little bit of preload on the spring about 1/4 of it.
NEED SOME HELP ON HOW TO SET IT UP!to make it less bouncy and a little bit more comfortable! Lol oh and the shocks are the lowest they can go.
Idk if how I set it up is fine or not...probably just the way coilovers are..lol
Any input would be appreciated!

-Joe

·
Registered
82 Posts
im gonna say that the big difference is the fact that the spring rates are so drastically changed....... but im no expert. so?

·
Registered
45 Posts
well if you are only running rears that makes a huge difference and will give you a really bouncy un-even ride do to the 450lb rears and im guessing you still have your cutties up front. having said that, I helped my friend install his and i forgot to put those gold washers on one dampener before i stuck iit through the hole of the rear mounts. This caused the shock to slip through the hole and we had some really nasty clunking. So check to make sure you didn't make that stupid mistake. lol I have GC sleeves and agx adjustables all around and i have to say that megans ride better in the front then mine but the back bounces a lot more compared. So it will be a little bouncy just going on comparing my car to my friends but no noises for sure.
good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@blksupra thanks so much for the input! i totally effed it up i totally thought the shock was the height adjustment idk why.. so i bottomed the shock and spring... earlier today i came to realization asking myself why the hell am i bottoming out the shock... so im going to put it at about half way(where it was stock) so the car rest on the washer and i can tighten it down all the way so there is no play in there causing the clunking.... im gonna just make the shock longer not bolt it on the top mount the lower the car and bolt it like that so i know for a fact there wont be any play in there lol
thanks agin though your input helped alot.. also, cutting out the bumpstops helped alot to since they were resting on the frame not allowing the spring compress.. LOL:zzzzz:

·
Registered
96 Posts
What are your thoughts overall after driving on them for a month? Any pictures yet? :D

I'm looking to possibly buy a set for mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
these coilovers are amazing!! they ride so nicely, going from cut springs to these is nice since there is way les body roll!

im gonna post pics from my phone lol sorry for replying so late! totally havent had that much time to be on here!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had the same issue, best handling I got with them is to remove the bump stops, put it at the softest damping and going with 16'' tires with stiffer sidewalls. It's way better now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey what’s up man I have a question on my MX73 rear suspension, I’m currently on BC Coils but my rear is hella bouncy and I still removed the bump stoppers and still nothing man. Are you on Instagram dm u few pics of the suspension?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts