Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you might want to check it out I don't have much on it just the pictures of my car...I just got done pulling the engine planing on a rebuild because I think is has BHG...Hope you guys like this is my first website so be kind.

Thanks

http://supra.rumptis.com

·
Registered
566 Posts
:thumbup: Good job man. It looks like your knee deep into a nice project. It's nice to see pics of someone else :humpleg: a "silpra". You are now obligated to provide fresh and constant info and pics during the entire project. Don't let us down :D

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
lookin good so far, and dont worry, if you can get the engine out, im sure you can get it in... for me it was way easier dropping it in :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I know it does not sure what all that crap is I spent about 7 hours today cleaning it up I will be post more pics tomorrow

·
3,283 Posts
rumptis said:
Yes I know it does not sure what all that crap is I spent about 7 hours today cleaning it up I will be post more pics tomorrow
That bay looks great! give up some info on the products you used. it obvioulsy works great.

Mike

·
Registered
566 Posts
That tan "crud" is a spray on rustproofing. When someone elects to have that done, they do all the body seams, engine bay etc. Mine has it, and it sure does take away from the beauty of the underhood area. :( Wow! didn't know you posted a new "clean engine bay" since yesterday. What did you use to remove the "crud"?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used Kerosene and alittle brush and alot of elbow grease and the garden hose. I started out using some gas because that engine degreaser doesn't work worth a crap on thick stuff but seemed like it was eatting up some of the body putty so I switched it seemed to work great, just took forever I also took every thing off as I went that I could so I could get under it really good. I also have a air powered sprayer i used to spray everythign down so it could socke awhile before i started scrubing on it.

1985 P-Type All Stock

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'd love to give input on your website, but for some odd reason I can't see any of the pics you've put up except for the side pic on the main page...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weird I just checked it and it seems to be working for me and I'm not hosting the site. if anybody else out there has problems let me know.

I'm using Internet Explorer 6 to veiw it, I have no idea if it works right on anything older web browsers.

I did add some pictures and made a few tweaks today so maybe you just caught it right at the wrong time.

This is my first real website so I'm still learning. I'm a computer tech not a webpage guy at all.

Thanks

[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts