Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why why I just came back from the supermarket, with the wife so we could get somthing for dinner, I was parking the car just before comming to a compleat stop, she shifts the auto into park as to see what would happen, the car jerked and locked the wheels, ?????? what were you thinking I thought? and she's trying to be funny.
:mad: 1-2-3-4- Man o man .... :roll:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I did this with an 83 capri auto. It turned out I had broken the shift linkage and locked the tranny... Only 45 minutes back to town on a deserted prarie road and -20c. :roll: (pre cell phone days) Of course the 4 passengers I had with me elected to remain with the car. :roll:
Ahh youth

-Wil

·
Registered
790 Posts
Did it once in my old Celica. I was going to shift into Neutral (I was going about 50, so I decided to see how far I could coast), but I had a suddent moment of inattention and slammed it all the way up into Park. Realizing what I had done as I did it, I almost immediately pulled to car back into drive, but not before skidding about 30-40 ft... almost hard to believe I ended up killing that car (about 1 year later), isn't it? :wink:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Lol i did something simmilar to that on my blue mk2. LOL

Dzone what car did this happen in. and what car is it on your avatar.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Im surprised that you didnt just shear the parkpin, and that it actually held tight enough to lock the wheels. I have done this on several cars. One I broke the park pin on, so park would never hold, it was like Neutral. The other just clicked and did nothing till about 10mph, then it lurched to a stop.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hopefully your next wife won't have such poor judgement.. :wink:

A buddy did that in a Dodge Daytona... and it ended up costing him $900 plus towing to get it back out of park....

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It happened luckly on a gravel part that I always park
and it wasnt that fast too, but so far so good.
Hmmm, sounds good :p I like that Idea Next wife...lol

But what is avatar?

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
She's a keeper :wink: ...ya know funny is my gf tried that with me once to 'get my attention'...needless to say it did work, she got my attention...and that never ever happened again. Thank god it wasn't my Supra, i'd probably be in jail now if I had an auto and she did that to my Supra. Someones got to invent a 'do not touch' sticker for those damn things :roll:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did you see the scene in Terminator where Sarah and Reese are in a Cadillac in a car chase, and Reese is having a shotgun fight with Arnold, and when Sarah sees the brick wall, she screams and puts it into park? Good stuff. Locked the transmission up good!

That, and the time where I accidentally put the shifter into park a little too soon on our acura integra while pulling into a parking space, it just clicked. And that time where I put it into reverse while coasting down a highway in our Toyota Avalon, that clicked too (but I got it back into D quick enough for my dad not to know what I was doing)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts