Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Dave and I have lurked on here for two years and I am starting this thread for access to a build thread I am following.
The vehicle is an 86 p type that had a 2jznat big single r154 that ran badly. Now the car has a 1jzgte and is being converted to auto a341e with paddle shifters and an 8.8 since I like to race hard. This year will be parts aquisition, more sensors for launch control and other features.

Yes the car is my daily driver when the weather permits. No radio no heat no sir,perfect.

Dave in Oregon

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I very much like the direction and am contemplating the exact set up in the future. The A341E with paddle shifters has great appeal and sounds fun.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
The stock trans controller is a little sluggish to inputs (0.5-1sec) but I have a 2jz-gte(vvti) with the stock paired a341e and paddles and love that it will hold gears straight into banging off the limiter and let you nearly WOT down at 2-3k if you tell it to.

ToyotaSup - want to buy a completed one?

--billyM

·
Super Moderator
8,533 Posts
If you want to go crazy you do the BMW DCT trans instead.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
ToyotaSup - want to buy a completed one?

--billyM
Oh no he didn’t! Haha
Looking forward to seeing some pics of both lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for trans control I am adding in a microsquirt and controlling it via CAN bus. After my turbo jeep aw4 and ROM hacking that pos, never again. Aftermarket ftw!

·
Super Moderator
8,533 Posts
I have not heard of the BMW DCT swap, what year and model?

Dave b
BMW 7 spd GS7D36SG which I believe is E90 M3

+

The transmissions are surprisingly reasonably priced from what I saw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts