Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only one key for my newly purchased 1985. Had no idea how difficult it is to get an OEM key blank or at least an aftermarket. Seems like everything that fits the ignition has been discontinued. Can anyone help?!?!

Thanks in advance!!
Phil

·
Super Moderator
8,450 Posts
Buy the standard Toyota key of the same vintage and grind off the corners of the head to match. The only difference is the head is smaller to fit the tumbler ears.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea. I’ll have to see what they have available. Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
8,062 Posts
Phil PM message me your mailing address I can send you a Cole TO-20/TC61C to try, should work...small head not the best looking but good for a spare...

The 00105 key has been a Type F part for awhile...I had bought a bunch awhile back but all have gone to forum members...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I accidentally bought 5 blanks on ebay. Thought I was getting one. It was one pack of 5.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
will they work on any mk2 supra? and can i get them cut anywere or need to be dealer or something?
I went to Orscheln and they cut it no problem. I imagine that anyone will cut your key for you. Seeing as these are packs of 5, you have extras in case whoever cuts it messes up.

·
Premium Member
8,062 Posts
TR33s probably wont fit the narrow ears of the late ignition switch...

·
Super Moderator
8,450 Posts
Nothing that a minute on the bench grinder won't solve...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
For my spare key I used an axxess+ #30 blank. It is so long that the head doesn’t foul on the ears of the keyswitch cylinder.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can someone post a pic of the ears AJ is referring to? I have an 82 and had an 83. I've never noticed ears on other years.

·
Super Moderator
8,450 Posts

vs early style

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks SilverMk2.

I can't believe I have never noticed the difference. Of course I don't see many other Supra MKIIs here in Missouri. Usually rust gets them. I measured one of the uncut keys I purchased. I'll give measurements in mm.

·
Premium Member
8,062 Posts
My '86 key is less than 29 mm, this is of course measured by an old guy who struggles with decimals...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts