Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No offense to the younger members on this forumn but boy I am getting tired of being ricer passed by kids in MK2s. And when I pulled up beside them and gave a friendly nod the hand gestures were indescribable. So I flashed them the loser sign and dropped them...punks :lol:
And if that was you on 16th Ave NE at about 10:20...grow up. They even had the oartec upgrade. The passenger was air paddling :roll:
-Wil

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I'm cooled off now :D Really was annoying though :roll:

-Wil

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's not just the younger people that do this. It's the people who own cars who have no appreciation whatsoever for others cars or thier own, those are the people I hate.

I was in a game room on yahoo and saw a guy who's yahoo ID was something like supraturbo94 or something (not his real name, I don't remember what it was, but was kinda like that), so I messaged him to talk cars. I was asking him a few questions about his car like mods and stuff he's done. He asked what I drove and I told him an 83 supra. He then proceeds to tell me what shit those cars are and how slow they are and how much much they suck, how I need to dump it and get another car cause mine is a POS blah blah blah.
Now I personally don't care what people say about me or my car, but to talk to a guy who owns a car who would talk bad about the manufacturer and even the same model a car he drives just cause it's older is ridiculous. That just shows he had no appreciation at all about his car or anything. Just that he has a car that is fast and looks good, cause that's obviously all he cared about.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know you ment no offence, but Im 18, not a ricer, and I love my car... enough to bring it back from what insurance called a write off. Although, it is driven agressively. and I wish the other owners in my area would be as friendly as you people are on these fourms. Its not all kids that are assholes, just the assholes are assholes, and they usually stay assholes, if that makes any sence, whatsoever.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd have to agree where it's not just MK2 owners it's just people that dont' even care. They drive around in their own little bubble more concerned about what bobby is telling them over their cell phones then to be cool to other drivers on the road
It comes and goes with my in my redpra. Some days i'll get a bunch of dirty looks when i wave, and other days i'll get waves from every other car. Mostly just tricked (bling bling) out honda's but a compliment is a compliment right.
BTW i'm a 22yr old, no offence taken here either 8)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
dohc82 said:
No offense to the younger members on this forumn but boy I am getting tired of being ricer passed by kids in MK2s. And when I pulled up beside them and gave a friendly nod the hand gestures were indescribable. So I flashed them the loser sign and dropped them...punks :lol:
And if that was you on 16th Ave NE at about 10:20...grow up. They even had the oartec upgrade. The passenger was air paddling :roll:
-Wil

Welcome to the club :lol: (BTW im one of them there young drivers :wink: LOL )

The worst is when you just happen to pull up next to a mk4 at a light and you admire his/her car and they just floor it and take off like if you wanted to race them :x *arrogent self-centered "I have no respect for the old generation" MK4 Owner*

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
what i like are the lil kids in moms car.

they pull up next to you with 8 people in the car and mouth you off cause your driving solo.

i always come out with some reply along the lines of not having to leave mommy at the laundymat when i need the car

kinda lame, but it sure seems to piss em off :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Funny, I've gotten some of my best looks from kids in moms car. They just look over at the Supra with the windows down and sunroof open next to them, and wish they weren't stuck in the back of the minivan. They also always wave back :)

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I feel the same way....(young driver here, 20) I do drive aggressively but whenever i see a supra or any old sporty toyota i nod wave and admire their car.....i really hate it when supra drivers don't look back, i practically kill myself sometimes, pulling u turns to go see one...lol if i could i'd own a hundred.....

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
I know what you mean about other mk2 drivers. I rarely see another mk2 on the road around Fort Worth, mabe one every six weeks on average and then they're usually not in very good shape. When I do see one, I'll wave and smile and the driver will just stare back at me like "I don't think we've ever met before so why are you waving to me?" When I do get compliments on the mk2s its either along the lines of "I haven't seen one of those in years" if its someone my age or older OR teens will sometimes ask "What kind of car is that?" Thankfully, we don't have a whole lot of ricers around Fort Worth, almost as rare here as the mk2. I did have tho the other day a teenager dressed in boxer shorts, tank top, lots of body piercings and black fingerless gloves got out a jacked-up jeep at a gas station and started the most animated display of hand gestures and patting his butt and gyrating. He didn't appear to say anything, just the gestures. He didn't appear beligerant, rather seemed he was quite happy (perhaps high on something?). I didn't know what to make of him so I didn't roll down the window and just drove away. If that was intended a compliment, then he definately deserves the Oscar. I wish I had it on video!

Phil D.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
I would get looks (good and bad) when I had my MK II, but no one ever gestured or mouthed off to me. Then again, with the window down and Air Supply blasting from the speakers... I think people just thought I was crazy (I probably am... but that's beside the point).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Now Id like to set a positive note...

I was parked at the local dennys once. My friends and I after work on weekdays (11:00pm) would go there and just chill for awhile, talk about stuff we wanted to do to our cars... but we all knew we would never get around to and if we did, it would be a miracle. anyway, my friend drove a really nice looking z28, and I had my 85 blue gray two tone, in all its rusty glory. the cars were parked side by side... a guy was waking around them... my friend got all paranoid. then the guy came in with his son, and said that he had owned one, and he liked mine, and he wants to get one for his son when he turns 16 for his first car. he told me a few stories of the things he did in his mk2, and then told me to hang on to my car because theyre great. (of coure I already knew they were great, but its the thought that counts)

so not only was my rusty mk2 that was missing the side molding noticed over a shiney blue z28, It was praised!

just thought Id brighten this thread up a bit:):D

·
Registered
17 Posts
All I have to say is that without MK2 the MK4 will not exist...

There's a reason why high-schoolers fail history...

Being 18, I know better than a lot of people who have suped up civics with huge ass spoilers, farting mufflers, and useless body kits. I know where to spend my money and that's on the maintainance and keeping my supra up and running.

Seriously, there's no car to me that beats the MK2 supra. Nice stock seats that hold me in place, reliability, great handling and smooth ride. Mine's a stock MK2 and I'm proud to be the owner of the blue print of Toyota's super car.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yesterday my neighbour (monster truck owner) who never gives me the time of day gave me a nod as I turned ariund in front of his house(kind of a cul-de-sac) so I guess I have been "accepted" :lol:

-Wil

·
Registered
174 Posts
my old boss, also a monster truck owner, took my car for a drive once... and immediately said he had to get one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
84MK2Supra said:
All I have to say is that without MK2 the MK4 will not exist...

There's a reason why high-schoolers fail history...

Being 18, I know better than a lot of people who have suped up civics with huge ass spoilers, farting mufflers, and useless body kits. I know where to spend my money and that's on the maintainance and keeping my supra up and running.

Seriously, there's no car to me that beats the MK2 supra. Nice stock seats that hold me in place, reliability, great handling and smooth ride. Mine's a stock MK2 and I'm proud to be the owner of the blue print of Toyota's super car.
the MKII isn't just the blueprint of toyota's super car, it IS toyota's supercar, just of the early 80's. Just as in a decade or two the MKIV will be just like the MKII is now to the MkVI, lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
MK2 is still under celica, it's a blueprint for when supra separated from the celica line of cars :roll:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
84MK2Supra said:
MK2 is still under celica, it's a blueprint for when supra separated from the celica line of cars :roll:
Im sorry but I dont understand what you mean by "under the celica"
The supra was the top of line when it was released...far superior to its little cousin in options power and style. Remember that 16,000US in 82 is like 30,000now(inflation)

-Wil

·
Registered
109 Posts
hey guys compared to everyone else im a real young driver 17 i go tmy supra when was sixteen as my second vehicle. it came to be by chance and i have to say i wouldnt of had it any other way
im proud of owning my supra and all of my real freinds respect me and my car though currently it is kinda on the slow side of everything else i have a 6m lined up to be installed in a week or two
i admit i do drive aggresivley but i always respect everyone else on the road though i have ticked off a few townies ( small town old people) the point im trying to make is that it isnt everyone but like you all have said its the people that dont appreciate the true value of the mkII for what it is they dont respect its great potential but instead think of it as just another car that they can demolish and have their mommys and daddys pay for and get them another car to replace these are the kinds of people that tick me off like the other day this guy at school said he wantd to race me , me having my supe and him in his new z 71 with a 5.7 liter 350 in it he says to me sarcastically "im sure youll beat me with your fast 2.8 liter" :mad: this really pissed me off because i had to work for mine rather than just have it givven to me by my parents
i think that the kids you guys are talking about got the car because it says supra on it thinking it is the fastest thing in the world and are upset to find out that they have to work to get the power out of it that they desire so since they are upset the demolish it

any who sorry if i offended anyone but thats what i beleive

1 - 20 of 36 Posts