Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With half of my house sick with the flu, my 10 year old daughter Taylor and I escaped and spent most the weekend out in the garage building the 2JZ for my car. She has always showed a genuine interest in the goings on in the garage, and asks lots of questions and doesn't mind shagging tools and beers
(unlike her older sisters). I found this project as a great opportunity to really explain how the internals of an engine works. At ten, she's starting to understand how mechanical parts work. I told her it was like a BIG puzzle. I'm thinking that I'll buy her one of those working engine models for Christmas. All of my kids were happy to see another MkII replace the empty place in the garage this year, but this kid shows extra enthusiasm as the project moves forward.

Installing the water pump

Installing injectors to the lower intake manifold

Test fitting the manifold for stud clearance (smile sweetie! lol)

How about anyone else? Anyone have pictures of their kids helping out in the garage?

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Wow, cute kid....she came from you? lol........

Cool stuff....i dont let me 10 yr old near our cars.....hes way too clumsy, and tends to get emotional over the stupidest things i tell him....he is still in gopher mode.

D

·
0 Posts
oh my freaking god, all those pictures have got to be the most amazing pictures ever! that is so cool you guys. man i wonder if my kids would be into that stuff too (when i have them). wild!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Too cute !! My daughter is 9 now and she already says ,, I helped you so it's mine when I'm old enough to drive it. LOL can't wait for that day :ugh:

7 in pic

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bruce: I think you will need a low boost setting when that day comes. Can you program -ve boost? lol

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I'm 21, my girl 20. I hunt and love cars. My uncle's hunting suit when he was a kid (maybe like 10) is sitting in my grandma's house waiting for my son if/when we have one. She says until he can fit the suit he will NOT be exposed to hunting haha.

I haven't even thought to ask her about helping me with the cars haha. I guess I'll just do that on the sneak, I think she'd take that better than him telling her that he just shot his first .410 haha.

·
Registered
472 Posts
thats cute.

no kids yet for me. only 18. lol. im tryin to get my gf into helpin me with my supra but she says "why do i need to learn when i have you to do it for me?"

i hope she is joking. but i will definitely teach my offspring to work on em. my mom (ASE certified) had me pulling the head off some old engine (idk what it was) when i was like 7 after it was already pulled out at a junkyard.

my dad loves cars but doesnt know a thing about em. he also loves european sports cars. ugh!!! lol....

·
Registered
218 Posts
my dad loves cars but doesnt know a thing about em. same here man xcept mine loves "muscle" cars he was pissed when my camry beat his mustang

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
guys,,,dont be off the topic.

mark great pics man. kids with JZ's around is priceless. No tiene precio jeje.

no kids yet but hell ya they will help.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Very cute kids. I hope mine will come and work on cars in the garage with me when the wife and I are ready for them.

I had our dog in the garage the other day while I was fixing a Corolla, maybe I'll teach him how to fetch a 14mm wrench for me :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts