Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for an evening drive and had a go against a 95 integra which was no problem :D but on the way home I tried a 90s RX-7(new style, guy thought he was Dominec Torreto) and that was not even close :( Uphill from a standing start and all I saw was taillights :roll:

Oh well can't win them all :)

-Wil

·
Registered
306 Posts
If a third gen is still running, it's been modified, and those cars are originally built to race.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
ohh yea that was a fair race against the RX-7 :roll:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i saw a 3rd gen rex today, has a ls1 jammed under the hood...
scary fast car, and it handles better than youd expect, judging by the owner taking it through some serious twisties at 2x the posted limit.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zankone said:
ohh yea that was a fair race against the RX-7 :roll:
Yea that one was unintentiomal :roll: It was a three lane at a red light. He was on one side I was on the other with a SUV between us. I never even saw him till after the light had changed :eek: I left at my normal rate ( a little too fast :wink: ) and he must have heard my exhaust and punched it so I pursed :lol: I dont think he was "really"trying

·
Registered
430 Posts
i would really like to find one of those to race. but I havn't seen any out and about that I can race...definatly pretty rare around here.

dohc82 said:
Went for an evening drive and had a go against a 95 integra which was no problem :D but on the way home I tried a 90s RX-7(new style, guy thought he was Dominec Torreto) and that was not even close :( Uphill from a standing start and all I saw was taillights :roll:

Oh well can't win them all :)

-Wil

·
Super Moderator
8,416 Posts
i would really like to find one of those to race. but I havn't seen any out and about that I can race...definatly pretty rare around here
You shouldn't have any problem outrunning one assuming its not heavily modded. I ran a stock from what I could tell one at the strip and ran neck and neck with him 3/4s (or more) of the way down the strip, with a NA 6M. They do respond very well to mods from what I understand.[/quote]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts