Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
lol, so we had 2 go-pros, a camera, and an ipod video camera, and we decided to go with the android powered cellphone. . . smh

·
Registered
402 Posts
damn i didn't get to see the video lol

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Love it hahaha. I can't wait for this summer.
Isaac you and I gotta do this hahah

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
^ Fuel is spot-on, but has some conservative (not stupidly so) ignition maps.

Next step is to log the factory ECU (mine) for ignition angle under varying circumstances and then see where his maps differ.

It wouldn't hurt to see some other standalone 7m timing maps to boot....

*JP, where's our vids?*

--billyM

here is the timing map i run. this is on a 57 trim ct26 at 18psi with stock mk3 i/c with 2in hard pipes. no pinging with 93 octane even on a 95ish deg day. my tubo has full boost by ~2800rpms if doing a 5th gear pull from 2krpm. i never drive like that though, just did it to see where it would come on at. if you down shift it is instant boost. however 1st is so short, even with the 3.73 rear, that i dont think i have ever had full boost in 1st gear. after shifting to 2nd the car surges as if i hit a shot of n2o.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hey William,

A lot of diagnostic work was done to resolve this issue. Our timing tables are very similar. The turbo has been tried on a 7MGTE that was practically built for fast spool and there is little to no difference. A .82 A/R does not seem very suitable for the street on a 7M no matter what you do.

-John

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
i didnt se that you had done any timing change as of yet so figured id help out. as for a street turbo, id drop the 82ar down to a 68ar if your after spool. asuming it is a single scroll turbine housing. if it is a twin scroll housing, i highly recomend switching to a twin scroll manifold. there is an ebay manifold that can be modded for twin scroll pretty easily actually. has a divided outlet, and 2 wastegate pipes that merge into 1 for a 44mm wastegate. id simply cut them before the merge and route them as needed and run two 38mm vband wastegates. that or possibly install one of the ps quick spool valves if you have the room and dont want to do any fabrication on a manifold.

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
i didnt realize those LIPP turbine housings were that large. wierd. thought they were more like a 70a/r. i guess its time for a ebay turbo mani, wastegate, a real t4 turbine housing for the turbo in a 68a/r, and then a custom dp and tweak the hot i/c pipe to make it all work.

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
John and I never got a chance to line them up this weekend...

...but I did get a chance to line up with another 7m-gte 61mm-equipped car.

Video and story pending...
so whats the holdup?

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
take some nodoz with a cup of coffee and get it posted!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts