Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my roommate has a dodge ram reg cab with the 12 valve, a huge ass turbo, meth injection, ect ect... any ways my car has been running for almost a month now and we always talk about racing but never do but one night we were taking some girls home and the girl that was with me her little sister was in my roommates truck and he was telling her how much faster his truck is and that it has over 1400 foot lbs of torque and want not and he heard me downshift so he did and brake boosted to 30 psi and i honked 3 times and we both gunned it and I instantly put about a car and a half on him and then we dropped the girls off and he pulled up next to me and was like huh... really didnt see that comming we need to do another run so we were cruizing at about 30-35 and he was in 3rd brake boosting 45 psi and i was just in second cruizing no brake boosting and i honked 3 times and still with him full brake boosting i put him about to my door and when we got home he was speachless and said, " you know honestly im very impressed my hats off to you...." haha I was like yes! Yeah its a truck but it puts down some serious numbers and have crushed alot of the fast cars in my area and can eat evo's for breakfast so I'm pretty happy with what my car puts down :):zzzzz:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
truck probably weighs 6-7000 lb. I leave idiots like that in the dust.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
My diesel weighs 8000LBS. I give the guy credit for running against u. And doing as good as he did.

Guys that own these trucks are far from idiots(myself included) my truck can do it all, tow 20K lbs, drive in all weather conditions from deep snow and very cold to crossing death valley in mid summer and getting 17 mpg with 6 people onboard while doing the above and it lasts 300K miles.

Most importantly it tows my Supra to and from any track that way i can run the shit out of it and get it home if she breaks.

Nice kill BTW. Lets us know when u kill a STI, wrx, vette or something in our league.

·
Registered
639 Posts
There are some locals that have a diesel truck and tell me that I shouldn't race it because it is a "race truck". You still got a good kill considering the guy was bragging how much faster he was than you.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
They are only idiots if they think they can beat a proper sports car. I agree that a big truck is great for hauling etc., but the majority of them here, only get used to drive around town, half by soccer moms. Stupidity.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did alot of killing yesterday! I raced an mk3 supra with a t61 turbo or something like that im not completely sure. He pulled up to me and i was in fifth and just started doing the 3 honks and i was like really? He even brake boosted a bit and i just grabbed third and pulled pretty hard on him. Then when we got to the meet excuses came haha. I also raced a eg6 hatch with a b16 that was also boosted. i started pulling pretty good on him then his charge pipe blew off and he completely roasted his turbo which was sad. A fairlly new 350z I tore up a bit, I tried to race an evo but he wouldnt which was frustrating but on our little trip I was the fastest :) time for pictures now! Ima start another thread for pictures because it was for our cruize to an autocross event so look for that on new posts peeps!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he is in the process of getting a built auto tranny right now for his beast because he has been through 5 manuel trannys and all the gears and shafts were cryogened haha. they just hate him badly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts