Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
The celicas are pretty quick out of the hole but have absolutely no top end. I have a 85 GTS and can take most cars out of the hole due to weighing in at around 2900lbs with me in the car and a full tank of gas, not to mention the torque peak at 2800 rpm. Although the motor is useless above about 5000rpm, it just won't rev any more, at least not quickly. I bet you could get a better launch if you power braked your car a little first to get the revs up.

If anyone is in the Santa Barbara area I'd love to race just for fun and to see what happens.

· Registered
235 Posts
The first alltrac was in 86 or 87, I don't remember wich but either way they are really sleepers because they look like ass but go damn fast.

· Registered
235 Posts
My 85 GTS hatchback, arguably one of the heaviest celicas, weighed in at 2780 completely stock with half a tank of gas. It's gotten lighter since then due to no AC but it's not to bad for a solidly built RWD car even when stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.