Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Grr...just lost my whole post I typed up, so here's the summary.

No power button on my tranny, remember I'm in an MKI. Don't need it, I have no kick down and shift it manually anyways. I'm running on 195/70r14s right now with 3.73 gears. As I'm in an MKI, the wieght difference is minimal, in fact the two cars are nearly the same, as far as I know. I need to get my car on a scale some time. Another problem I think is my stock for MKI exhaust, something like 1-7/8", complete with leaks, plugged cat, and rusted out muffler. A 2.5" and header is on my list, as is a 4.1 or 4.30 rear end. Another possible problem is the 5M-E electronics may not be rich enough for the 5M-GE, maybe I should do the AFM mod? Power braking may have helped, but whenever I do it, it doesn't seem to make much if any difference as the revs do not come up very high.

List of VERY soon upgrades are:
new BFG radial/TAs in 225/60r14 on my MKII rims
new rear gears (4.10, 4.30 if I can find some for my rear end, it's solid, not IRS)
exhaust
header
brakes (needed badly!)
shocks

I will also be replacing the TPS and the O2 sensor.

Is there anything else anyone can think of as to why I got so thoroughly owned? Anything else I should think about doing to my car (besides turbo)?

Henge said:
could it be the awd celica?

not if it was a mid 80's dude

the alltrac didnt appear on a celica till early 90's am i right?

The first alltrac was in 86 or 87, I don't remember wich but either way they are really sleepers because they look like ass but go damn fast.

haha yeah the y do look like ass

but yeah with anicley boosted motor i could see an alltrac celica being fast :?

I had an '84 GTS that appeared to just rip out of the hole. Then I finally started doing research on it, and determined what the rear gears were. They were 3.46 non-lsd even w/ the 5 speed. From where I've read up on it, I believed the majority of RWD Celis had those gears, which I thought made for a good top end beings they redline at 5500. My GTS pinned 125 a few times, never could squeeze 130 out of it though. I think most Celicas look like ass after '85 with the exception of '94s-03s :D

My 85 GTS hatchback, arguably one of the heaviest celicas, weighed in at 2780 completely stock with half a tank of gas. It's gotten lighter since then due to no AC but it's not to bad for a solidly built RWD car even when stock.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I need to weigh my car sometime. Anyone know what an MKI weighs off-hand? I thought I remember hearing around 2800 lbs...

But....

Why did he pull me SO hard off the line? I mean hard, he pulled at least a car length on me! My "mods" include stock exhaust, cheap cone filter, and '81 electronics. I have a 4 speed auto (which I shift manually). Is there something wrong with my car? the engine pulls very strong in the upper range, but I can't get the thing out of the hole for anything. What's up? Do I just need to swap in a manual?[/quote]

I can tell ya! I had an 84 Celica GT and killed evrything off the line but it couldn'g hang past 2nd. Stupid 106 horses.

maybe it was a 22rte out of a 4 runner? I believe they had like 160 horseys stock? It is a far chance but hey, if I could find the parts turbo runner or p-up and had like a 84 gts I would do it. I think an 85 gts drop top with a 22rte would be the shizzy. laters

Discussion starter · #34 ·
matt ace said:
maybe it was a 22rte out of a 4 runner? I believe they had like 160 horseys stock? It is a far chance but hey, if I could find the parts turbo runner or p-up and had like a 84 gts I would do it. I think an 85 gts drop top with a 22rte would be the shizzy. laters
nah, not a turbo, I'd have probably gotten thoroughly owned if it was. I think my 1/4 mile runs have helped me figure it out. My 22R powered toyota pickup runs a full 2 tenths of a second faster for a 60' time. Oh well.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.