Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have posted this last week after it happened but saturday nights here in tampa, florida there is the rice gatherings.....they call tehm street races but they are more like a bunch of rice boys parkin hard (they just sit in parking lots and bullshit about how fast (or so they think) their cars are. so I go cruzing through them and try to intagonize them (well my friend always does the s*** talking) so they come and race me. well one guy took the bait last saturday night. it was a conquest probably 88 or so with what appeared to be 3" exaust and one hell of a loud blow off valve. dont know what other mods he had since we didnt really converse with him. we leave out of the parking lot and he follows me. I'm like yey finally a turbo car. I wonder how fast it is. so we get onto the bridge far enough where the cops are not going to clock us and he gets on it. I just left it in 4th gear for this race and totally killed him. so I slow down after I'm about 5 carlengths ahead of him and he gets up next to me and gives me the signal that he wants to race again I'm like WTF I just destroyed him and he wants to go again. so this time I decided to put it into 3rd gear at about 50 or 55mph and he punched it. I let him get about a carlength on me then I punched it, hit boost and walked on him even harder. as I'm passing him william yells out the window "BYEEEE" and waves to him. then after about 5 carlenths ahead of him I slow down. he catches up and looks over at me and william yells out the window "YOU NEED MORE WORK!" the guy just looks ahead and speeds off into the distance never to be seen for the rest of the night.

It's such a wonderful feeling to go out and make people put their tail between their legs and go away. probably home....

·
Registered
517 Posts
:eek: Wow I have always loved the looks of those Starion/Conquest and thought they were fast!, did not know the MK2 could smoke it :eek:nfire:
right on man :rockon:

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
heh, personally I think Starions, Mk2s, Celis, Daytonas etc. are a bunch of DeLorean look a likes. That's not meant to be offensive at all, because I love My Toyota babies, but I've had so many tardling short bus riders call my car a DeLorean, especially when I had my Silver Supra and my Silver GTS, :roll: :roll: :roll:

great kill 85Turbo :lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Too true! thats why I like Back to the Future 8)
I had a couple ask what car was mine, I looked at them thinking like "are you pulling my leg" :shock: Like as if they dont know its a Toyota, but
after talking with them a bit I really think they did not know. :confused:
a nice design.....Fast too.

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Dont pick on them too much. They have throttlebody injection... Poor fuckers have absolutely no topend due to a shitty fuel system. They have less max fuel flow than our cars stock.

Gota respect torque peak at 2500rpm, all 220ftlb's... That car could pull a house down. I have a friend changing his to port injection and once he does, that car will scream.

--BillyM

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Well, the MK II seems to be a continuation of the 1978 Celica design (note the similarities between the MK I and MK II design wise). Just updated from the older style to look newer. The DeLorean was publicly released in 1979, but not offered for sale until 1981. Besides, DeLoreans don't have pop up headlights.

I saw a real DeLorean this past Thursday- I was in Baltimore visiting a friend and we were leaving a mall and this DeLorean drives by. So I tell her "Look, the "Back To The Future" car and she gets excited. :)

http://www.entermyworld.com/ is a great DeLorean site.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i must live in deloreanville... yeah, i know that sounded stupid.

anyways, i know of at least 4 of them in this city of 1 million... pretty good odds there are more, if ive seen that many.

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
wow neer actually gotten to see a DeLorean in real life. See plenty of Ferraris here, they're almost as popular as Civics! Seen a few Diablos too

·
Registered
96 Posts
About 2 months ago at the local drag strip i got the chance to line up against old conquest driven by a young kid. him and his buddies were bragging how fast it was after i told them that my 85 supra was NA.
just for shits and giggles i turned the bottle on...
BURP

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
it was just an observation about the DeLorean b/c of the several people having made that comment to me. Sorry if you've seen this "routine" before, but it was not meant to be one...sorry I brought it up

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
To my knowledge there were no N/A Starions/Conquests. My buddy's got An 86 widebody and it's a little slower than my MKII....Of course, we're still trying to work out all the bugs and get the thing healthy again. Neither one of us has any idea what a good running one is like so all we've made is progress!

·
Registered
351 Posts
At the university I used to attend, the janitor (that's right, the JANITOR) drove one! Absolutely mint, super clean car. The university also happens to be in my home town, so I get to see the car all the time. 1 car in a town of 18,000 is even better odds! And let me say, the pop up doors- bad ass!

·
Registered
170 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
Dont pick on them too much. They have throttlebody injection... Poor fuckers have absolutely no topend due to a shitty fuel system. They have less max fuel flow than our cars stock.

Gota respect torque peak at 2500rpm, all 220ftlb's... That car could pull a house down. I have a friend changing his to port injection and once he does, that car will scream.

--BillyM
until the head cracks. the starions were a real basket case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts