Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lined up against a new 350z down at the street races last night. i have a 85 black supra gutted intake header 3in exhaust and a 75 shot. I got out with a 2 car lead right from the hole and held him there the whole time. he was mighty pissed and wants a rematch... 2 b continued

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
With a 75 shot I believe it.

Good kill. 8)

·
Registered
655 Posts
re: 350X kill

Congratulations. It's about time this section started seeing some honourable kills for MKIIs and not some bs about racing pick-up trucks or Aleros or civics etc...... Keep up the good work, and post your time if you've been the the track.

Sonny

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lil more info on my car and set up...
85 p-type custom intake 3inch side exit exhaust :twisted: straight and very loud :twisted: ZEX 75 dry
went 14.9 on the motor and 14.02 on spray :evil: on street tires
no back seats, ac, or power steering (no belt)
I race in the Baltimore area and i havent seen one modded MK2 so im a lone wolf. next winter comes the 2jzge on spray project
i let u guys know what happens next friday night
BURP nissans taiste good :twisted:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Hahaah I bet that guy was pissed that a 18 year old wooped his new 350Z :p
I wouldnt be surprised if he shows up with a mod that cost him more than your whole car and set up. :roll:

Keep us posted on the next run :wink:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
zank there is nothing funnier than that picture of your little kitten in the exhaust....i laugh everytime i see it...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hey Allmotor... soon as I finish the turbo up, one night I'll come down to Baltimore and we can tag team some Nissans... You with the bottle, and me with the hairdryer... I'm thinking the Mk 2's will be ruling the streets :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ROCK ON we can start a mk2 wolf pack :evil:
I wanna run this slightly modded mkIII but he wont run since the 350 lost

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had a 350z pass me doin like 110 on I15 north and I was like WHOA, so I catch up to him and just ride right next to him for about 15 seconds going about 75 before he downshifts and takes off, my supra has a little work done to it so I down shift and stayed right on his blind spot for about 20 seconds until he slowed down and I flew past him... I was rather proud thinking I've spent about $2500 on my car and he's spent about $40000 on his, lol. Those 350s are overpriced I think.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
nah, they're actually really cheap. They start at a little over 28gs US. I like them because they're basically a 2003 equivelent to mk2 supra, minus the rear seats and with a cheap interior. Hopefully the new Supra will be a better equivelent.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
SupraFiend said:
Hopefully the new Supra will be a better equivelent.
When is Toyota releasing a new Supra? Last I heard the plans for a 2005 model were dropped. :(

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Downshift said:
When is Toyota releasing a new Supra? Last I heard the plans for a 2005 model were dropped. :(
Nope. I believe they're revealing it at the Tokyo show this winter and it's expected to be out next spring or so.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
quick said:
Downshift said:
Nope. I believe they're revealing it at the Tokyo show this winter and it's expected to be out next spring or so.
is this based on how the mkiv was brought out :?

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
I'll start saving my pennies! This is the best news I've heard in awhile. I wonder if the sucess of "The Fast And The Furious" had anything to do with it, or if it was just that Toyota didn't want the 350Z and RX-8 to have the market to themselves....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
zankone said:
Dunno. I got this information from Curt at Elmhurst Toyota.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
quick said:
zankone said:
Dunno. I got this information from Curt at Elmhurst Toyota.
cuz this was also posted on SF.com by Fyrarms (the guns and hoohoos guy)

·
Registered
793 Posts
So this will be the mkV?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
FYRARMS = Dan Jachera = works in the same room as Curt Aigner at Elmhurst Toyota.

Yep. The Mach^H^H^Hk V :D ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts