Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· BIG BOSS HOSS
4,435 Posts
Malloy said:
So what time did your 7m run at a national/regional Supra meet?

WadeT said:
Malloy said:
At any meet, mk2s (even 7m turbos) run in the 14s.
Not mine.
my best was a 13.4. The others were 13.6, 13.8 and one 15.3 run when my clutch went bye-bye and slipped the entire way down the track. This was on crappy street tires @ 8psi. IMO, most 7mgte MKIIs should be into the 13s if they have a good 3" exhaust system, w/ 3" elbow and a good driver.

On a side note to that meet, there were 2 MKIII Ts that were running 17 and 18 second 1/4 mile times along with a 420?rwhp BPU+ MKIV that ran a 14sec along wit some mid-13s.

· BIG BOSS HOSS
4,435 Posts
quick said:
Just goes to show that Wade can drive. :)

The car that you're talking about running 14s was Stu's right? His son ran a 12.4 ? as well in it. Tires were S03's.
No, it was that baltic blue color. I can't remember his name.

Stu's car is very nice and very fast but could have been faster, like 11s. After watching his race video I was dying to say something about the launching technique used. Rather than rev to 4000 and dump the clutch he should have ridden the shit out of it all the way thoug first gear. So many people are in a hurry to get the clutch out and as a result bog and spin off the line. You will never bog riding the clutch and it lets you govenor your wheel spin so you're on the razor edge of what your tires can hold. I really wanted to comment on the Stu video but my comments wouldn't hold any water unless I had a MKIV too. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.