Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Killed by a CRX

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ma67 lover 
#1 ·
It not a flattering story but on my way to the "Tail of the Dragon" meet this past weekend I was challenged by a trashy looking Honda CRX. Never being one to back down to a challenge I decided to lay into it and passed him rather quickly pushing 100. What I didn't realize is that he was packin NOS. With the flip of a switch he came by me like I was standing still! It was rather funny but humbling also. He backed out of it and pulled up beside us and we all had a great laugh and went our own way. Made for a fun story. I need more power…

#3 ·
I ran one of my co-workers Civic on our way home tonight. his is tuned up; intake, full exhaust, coilovers, rims/tires, cam, yadda yadda....anyways we started from a 30mph roll and I was in 3rd and just put my foot down and had him until I put it in 5th but then he started gaining on me. Fun times :)

-Cody

#5 · (Edited)
...someone needs boost'i'fication

Funny fact:
Greater than half of all supras present at the Dragon meet were boosted.
10-8 or 5:4
More impressively, exactly half of mk2's present were boosted.
6-6 or 1:1
Three attendees have turbo mk2's they did not bring.
9-5 possible
Three other NA mk2 owners present have definite turbo swaps in the works.
12-3 or 4:1!!!

4:1 boosted mk2 ratio with just the present company.

Just think what we could do if the rest of the local boosted mk2's made it out.
Alabama has two, GA has two, NC has two, TN has one or two...

I love this community...

--billyM

#9 ·
Funny you say about the CRX. I got back into charlotte Saturday night, and on the home stretch, I came up on a primered civic. As I passed him with growing pride of my supra, and bragging to my sister how some people just cut springs and put fart-cans on their ride and think its a race car, he blows past me, engine screaming.
My sister got a good laugh about that one.

#10 ·
I was teased by a Mitsu bitchy on the way back from work,this evening. A few throttle blips and I was on. On the 3rd blip,I yanked into 2nd and made a LOUD intake noise,when I sped up.
It was all fun, and I grinned at the driver when I slowed down. The passenger grinned at me,too.
She was just teasing me for fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.