Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has been buggin me alot lately to race my 5m with basic mods....so when i got off work today i called him out and i decided to shut him up....the race took place on 222 if in PA if any of you live in PA...there were no cars on the highway where we were goin to race so we cruised to the spot and from a 20mph roll he stomped on it...so i downshifted into second and smashed the gas...by now im about half a car length infront but he was catching up then i hit third and put about another car and half length and gainin on him....hit fourth gear now and i knew i had him beat at 115 mph....we both slowed down and he wanted to go again from a dead stop....but we didnt because his light for gas came on when we ended racing...lol....good thing his car didnt die....its good to know that this 18 year old 5m can still keep up wit a gsr these days...i wonder who would have won if we raced from a dead stop???any opinions or facts of who would have won???

charlie

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I dont know, I have a friend with a GSR but his was sooped up. I never raced him, cuz I knew he would beat my stock 5M. :?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
My cousin has a '95 Prelude with what they call the torque motor and he used to take me when I had the N/A 6M. :x

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have a 6M NA before and raced my friend with a IHE 97 GSR with some fat front tires I let him borrow from my AE92 GTS (15X7 rims)... well there was 3 of us... I was on the far left, 99 Si on the middle, GSR on the raf right... three lane road.... the Si wanna run so I revved up to 2000 and when it turned green all of us hit it... the Supra made a 2 car lenghts to the Si but the GSR is right at the bumper of my MK2 staying ang heard his Vtec engage and he is at my doors already and the GSR shifted 2nd and he is almost dead even with me and once I shifted 2nd I was still in front of him and I shifted to 3rd I gained another 1/2 a car... so to say the least... ever driver is different.... go do it from a dig and see of he can catch up...

BTW... my 6M NA ran the track 1/4 mile at 15.4
the GSR ran the 1/4 mile at 15.5

my MK2 has only a open filet, 6M engine, AFM mod, and a 2.25 exh w/ flomaster dual out

·
Registered
360 Posts
3000cc MK2 said:
He must be one crappy driver.
A couple of years ago I had a 92 integra LS w/IHE and my best time at pomona was 15.579 @ 87.75mph, and that was with a suck ass 60ft....I was running on 17 inch Enkei RS1's W/Yoko somethin or others.

Heres a pic. I had to give her up because she was vandalized to the point of total loss.:(
But I've always liked my supra much more. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Frank_MA61 said:
3000cc MK2 said:
He must be one crappy driver.
A couple of years ago I had a 92 integra LS w/IHE and my best time at pomona was 15.579 @ 87.75mph, and that was with a suck ass 60ft....I was running on 17 inch Enkei RS1's W/Yoko somethin or others. GSR's are capable of doing much better.

Heres a pic. I had to give her up because she was vandalized to the point of total loss.:(
But I've always liked my supra much more. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts