Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Supra for almost two weeks now and it's had the one garage stall we have because the door lock on the driver's side is broken right now. My neighbor knew I got something new because our nice 4Runner has been sitting outside(it gladly offers up it's spot for to older Toyota).

Anyway, my neighbor has about an '88 RX-7 in great shape and he on a number of occasions has told me how well it goes. Now yesterday I was coming home and he was working outside when I pulled up so naturally he congratulated me on the new car and I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride...took him out for a 10-minute spin with some hard accelerations...well it's all relative with a mostly stock car(I only have intake and exhaust upgrades), but his comment after the drive:

"Glad I didn't challenge you to a drag race before this ride"---and the Supra earns a little more respect. Can't wait to go turbo!

Eric

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
good job :)

ive got a drag slated with a 87 rx7 once my cars running properly, dont know how ill do, because the thing has some work done, but ill hold the toyota pride up :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
i raced my friends 86 rx7. we were both stock and we stayed side by side all the way up to 150 kmh. but we went froma 15kmh roll so if went from a stop i think i woulda got him cuz rotaries have no torque in low rpms.

·
Registered
306 Posts
cartman said:
i raced my friends 86 rx7. we were both stock and we stayed side by side all the way up to 150 kmh. but we went froma 15kmh roll so if went from a stop i think i woulda got him cuz rotaries have no torque in low rpms.
But don't forget, he can hold the gear alot longer then you.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Dragonfyre said:
cartman said:
But don't forget, he can hold the gear alot longer then you.
dont they do like 9K RPM +

·
Registered
306 Posts
12 is max i think, but some have a fuel cut around 9. It's easy when your "piston" is rolling instead of horribley shooting up and down.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey Dogstar, My RX7 should be ready to roll in a couple of weeks, complete rebuild, street port, hopefully the header and carb work - anticipate I'll break 15's - My Mk2 will take it but should give it a try with yours.

Art

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
lol, gimme enough time to get a cold air intake and an exhaust.
if your breaking 15s, ill get eaten alive, i think my cars pretty fast for not having any visible work done, and im pretty sure its not stock internally, cause it hangs with stuff that should destroy me (92 laser RS, for example)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts