Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

killed my s-10

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Linchmob 
#1 ·
i raced a suberu wrx with a 85 s-10 355

#2 ·
um, thats all you can say about what happened?

#5 ·
man thats lame!!! :loser: where is the details?? if you cant post right the GTFO!!!!

#6 ·
I can give you details....he has more power, much better sound...but a WHOLE LOT LESS TRACTION!...Got ate on the line. Only thing you can do to a 355 S10 is tub the shit outa it and put a pro-stock style spoiler on it. Without the mickeys, the weight distribution will have you ruining tires faster than you can fill the gas tank. If you DO have the correct driveline...then shame on you!

#7 ·
even if he got decent traction I think he would have lost, those wrx's are no joke. sure I prefer a good ol' V8 over most imports but most subaru's are capable of taking out a lot of domestics. the wrx handles like a dream and some have 300+ HP stock, not to mention how tiny they are.

#9 ·
Ive taken several WRX sti's. 2 off the line and a few more on the highway with my 327. That 355 should have at least 350 hp. Most have well over...at least the ones that boast their 355 cid. If we are just taling a bone stock 350 bored out...then ok, Id give it to the WRX. Everyone Ive know that boasts their 355 were usually cammed out race engines.

#10 ·
Normal WRXs are around 225 HP if I remember right, it's the STIs that are up at 300. I really didn't like the feel of the one I've driven, it was to prone to understeer and the power feels really watered down. I've never driven an STI, so I can't really say much on that, but it is supposed to 'feel' more like a race car. In a drag, they are pretty quick, but on a highway the AWD is more of a liability than an advantage. I've beaten a couple in my 89 325i.

Of course, that is assuming stock or only slight mods. Once they people start seriously upping the boost, they get a lot faster.

#11 ·
well heres the story he got me out of the hole and i couldn't run him down in the 1/8 he wouldnt run a full 1/4 about three weeks later i got him on the highway from a 40 on i killed that wrx so bad then my joy was took away bye a z06 that had more top end but truck is now a 406 with 700r4 and a build 10bolt with 373s same rear as in 07

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.