Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks interesting. Anyone near-by willing to go take a look for me? If the swap is well done, the car doesn't have to be in great shape whatsoever.

1983 Toyota Supra - $800 (sevierville)

Date: 2010-02-01, 7:49PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

The car is a 1983 Toyota Supra, the motor was swapped with a 2jz in it now, and a stage two clutch. The motor alone in the car is worth the buy. The car is defiantly a great project, the motor has a slight tick in it, which is probably a lifter tick. I am asking 800 for the car but i am willing to negociate because i am leaving the state in a few weeks and need the cash. For questions email or call 865-908-8449

--billyM

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have put off calling about this car for a while now. Finally got around to it recently. One mechanic told him it had a rod knock. Another told him it was lifter noise. NA motor set up and ready for turbos according to the owner. The car was driven for a while by the previous owner before this owner got it and had no problems with the swap. The quarter is bad and he has one ready for installation. Interior is pretty good and blue. Paint is original with oxidation on the top.

Anyway, the possible rod knock is why I never perused it.

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes sense. If it were in my backyard, and I weren't knee-deep in about four other project cars, I'd think about it more.

That said, if the motor mounts and wiring is done half way decently, it would be worth it for that alone, 2jz's are dirt cheap. ...at least the GE's..

--billyM

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Substantially more powerful than the 6m. Stock for stock, you're looking at ~20hp gain, not to mention being a far more fuel efficient and cleaner motor.

--billyM

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
I'd say its more like 40-50hp over a 6M. 2JZGE range from 215 to 225hp depending on where they come from. Although it sound like from the other thread this car isn't a 2JZ car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts