Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Its technically not an L-type but body wise it's no different. I'm looking at rims for my Celica XX. Basically what I'm curious about is the smallest offset that would be possible with a 7.5" rim? I'm open to the idea of rolling the guard slightly to fit if that is going to make a huge difference.

Anyone have any ideas? I've read the other threads I found, but I didn't find exactly what I was after.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
Nathan, Mel L from the MK2 list had 16 X 7s Epsilons on a L-type but I cant remember the offset??

Anyone from the MK2 list remember??

justcallmefrank said:
Hey guys,

Its technically not an L-type but body wise it's no different. I'm looking at rims for my Celica XX. Basically what I'm curious about is the smallest offset that would be possible with a 7.5" rim? I'm open to the idea of rolling the guard slightly to fit if that is going to make a huge difference.

Anyone have any ideas? I've read the other threads I found, but I didn't find exactly what I was after.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
7.5 inch wide rims will be nice on the rear, but they may be pushing it on the front. Here's some info that I put up in another thread a while ago.

Here's my experience on what works on L-types. These are all tire/rim combos that I've personally seen on L-type Mk2 Supras.

On my white 83 L-type, which is lowered with Eibach/Tokico setup...
P-type rims fit fine with 225/60R14's on rear and 215/60R14's on front. No rubbing issues.
Aftermarket 15x7 rims with +20 mm offset fit fine with 225/50R15's at all 4 corners. No rubbing, and the fronts sit nicely inside the fender lips. Rears would look nicer with about a 1/2 inch spacer to bring them out and fill up the rear fenders a little bit more.

On a friend's 84 L-type, also lowered...
P-type rims with 235/60R14's work fine on the rear. They rubbed badly on the front outer fender lips on bumps so he got 215/60R14's for the front. No more rubbing.

On another friend's 82 L-type, not lowered...
P-type rims with 245/50R14's fit fine on all 4 corners. Fronts stick out a bit past the fender lips, but they never rub on his car, probably due to the overall tire diameter being about 1 inch less than a 225/60R14 would be.

Hope that helps.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Dean is the person who would know about the Ltype stats.

Dean

How would you like to try my 17s on your Ltype to see how they fit?

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Good to try though, just to get a better idea. Hard to give those up. Too much time and money to put together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts